[Bitpim-devel] LG4050
Donour Sizemore
2003-12-05 16:10:57 UTC
Hi all

I have a an LG G4050, which doesn't seem to work with bitpim. I was
hoping it would be close enough to the 4400, but that doesn't seem to be
the case. The user community for the 4050 seems to be nonexistant.
Anybody have any knowledge about this model?

As it stands, trying to get or send data causes the phone to power off
(obviously not the desired behavior). I'm using the IR port and it's not
clear from the documentation whether one can actually use the IR for
modify the state of the phone (although i have been able to dial out
with it).

thanks

donour
--
|Donour Sizemore ***@uchicago.edu|
|Technical Programmer & Numerical Analyst |
|University of Chicago Office: SS-521 |
Roger Binns
2003-12-06 05:22:53 UTC
Post by Donour Sizemore
I have a an LG G4050, which doesn't seem to work with bitpim. I was
hoping it would be close enough to the 4400, but that doesn't seem to be
the case.
As far as I can tell, that is a GSM phone. It will have absolutely
nothing in common with the 4400 (other than the digit 4). The good
news is that almost all GSM phones use exactly the same protocol.
The bad news is you or someone else with a GSM phone will need
to develop the phone code for BitPim.
Post by Donour Sizemore
As it stands, trying to get or send data causes the phone to power off
(obviously not the desired behavior). I'm using the IR port and it's not
clear from the documentation whether one can actually use the IR for
modify the state of the phone (although i have been able to dial out
with it).
Can you turn on the protocol log and lets see how far it gets.

Roger
Donour Sizemore