[BitPim-devel] samsung sch u740 discovery (for mac)
Chris Sackes
2008-08-13 03:34:34 UTC
Developers,

after using BitPim for pc for previous cdma phones, and after making
the switch to mac, i decided to use BitPim for my newest phone, the
samsung sch u740 or the Alias as verizon now calls it. i didn't have
the usb cable for it so i looked into bluetooth. turns out that the
u740 works fine. it syncs everything properly with no errors. but for
it to work, the mac needs to make a port for it, but that can be done
using the bluetooth setup assistant in system preferences. i dont know
about any other phones, but i will look into it.

hope this was a helpful addition.

Chris Sackes
Ryanocerous
2009-01-27 20:12:33 UTC
I am relatively ignorant about connecting my phone and mac. I was able to
get an LG8550 to work with bitpim via bluetooth, but cannot figure out my
samsung sch u740. can you explain how you made the port on your mac?

much thanks!!!
Ryan

Sean Patrick Burke
2009-01-28 02:29:26 UTC
Ryan,

Check in the Bluetooth section of System Preferences. It is different
for each version, so you'll need to use the help browser in OS X for
specific details.

Best,

Sean
--
Sean Patrick Burke
Full time law student, part time developer
Hi,