[Bitpim-devel] More on TM520 phonebook
Chris Poon
2004-02-22 05:04:04 UTC
Seems like the TM520 phonebook is dead simple compared to the VX4400,
because other than the actual customer ringtone filename, everything is
contained in the phonebook packet. In a TM520, the entry number returned
IS the speed dial, and it is associated to the default number of the
entry (which is also returned as an index (0-4) in the packet).
How the numbers are returned in an entry is also fixed - it's always
Home, Office, Cell, Pager, and Data/Fax, so nothing like the VX4400
where you can have a different priority for each entry.

As for why pim/midiringer.dat wasn't read as part of the fundamentals, it's
because that file strictly tells which custom ringtone file is associated
with which phonebook entry and nothing more - that's why I read and parse it
right before getting the phonebook.

I haven't tried syncing the phone without issuing a start sync - and in fact
after a start sync, the existing code send a pbinitrequest, and then a
pbinforequest (and use a pbnextentryresponse) before looping for data. You're
right in that once a start sync is used, the phone will always reboot after
and hence I have moved all other operations (ringtone and calendar) to come
before getting the phonebook.

Hopefully I will get the code done to submit a patch next week - it's much
easier seeing the code to understand what I meant.
Roger Binns
2004-02-23 09:19:04 UTC
Post by Chris Poon
Hopefully I will get the code done to submit a patch next week - it's much
easier seeing the code to understand what I meant.
Cool. Can you send them small discrete pieces as that is easier to understand?