[BitPim-devel] Samsung M610
The Doctor
2008-01-03 23:17:47 UTC
Hi

I used to subscribe to this listserv but I dropped off a long time ago. I
recently purchased a used Samsung M610 for use on Sprint. It came with a
dandy USB cable so I can move pictures to and fro, but I'd like to be able
to backup and manipulate my contacts list. I tried looking thru the
archives but I see almost no mention of this device.

Has anyone ever tried to get bitpim to work on it? If so, please let me
know the result.

Also, I've tried "Detect Phone" and a few Samsung model numbers, but so far
so luck "get" ing the contact list to my PC. If there is a known model
number that would work, please let me know.

Finally, if all else fails, can someone point me to a list of things I'll
need in order to experiment with creating support for the M610? I imagine
I'll need some sort of Python compiler and source code from sourceforge.net
.

Sorry for the generality of this question. Thanks in advance.
Ken Schnell
2008-01-05 02:36:51 UTC
On the BITPIM website www.bitpim.org you can find a complete listing of
the software that you will need , given a particular OS. Python,
Wxwidgets are two of them THE VERSIONS of these are VERY important! Read
the website for details.

On windows you wont need a compiler, and python has a built in IDE...
Post by The Doctor
[...]
sourceforge.net <http://sourceforge.net>.
Sorry for the generality of this question. Thanks in advance.