[Bitpim-devel] wxPython 2.5.3 on Mac
Roger Binns
2004-11-14 01:29:23 UTC
Can anyone on Mac confirm if the new wxPython 2.5.3 actually
compiles in Unicode mode on Mac, and works with BitPim.

If it does, we'll be able to be uniform across the platforms.

It is also advisable for everyone else to move up to this
next version of wxPython. I'll be removing some of the
workarounds I put in for earlier versions. (I always get
great satisfaction removing code :-)

Roger
John O'Shaughnessy
2004-11-14 01:46:49 UTC
Do you need us to compile wxPython from source, or can we use the pre-built
Unicode binaries (now available for Mac OS X)

John?
Roger Binns
2004-11-14 02:39:50 UTC
Post by John O'Shaughnessy
Do you need us to compile wxPython from source, or can we use the pre-built
Unicode binaries (now available for Mac OS X)
You do whatever is normal for your platform.

Roger
Steven Palm
2004-11-14 01:47:36 UTC
Can anyone on Mac confirm if the new wxPython 2.5.3 actually
compiles in Unicode mode on Mac, and works with BitPim.
I'll check it out Roger, but if someone beats me to it, all the better
for you. ;-)
John O'Shaughnessy
2004-11-14 04:18:15 UTC
Can anyone on Mac confirm if the new wxPython 2.5.3 actually
compiles in Unicode mode on Mac, and works with BitPim.
If it does, we'll be able to be uniform across the platforms.
It is also advisable for everyone else to move up to this
next version of wxPython. I'll be removing some of the
workarounds I put in for earlier versions. (I always get
great satisfaction removing code :-)
With both the Unicode and ANSI versions of 2.5.3 for Mac OS X 10.3, I
received an exception when creating a new calendar entry. I think the root
of the problem is below:

_validateDate
if valid: dbg('valid date')
NameError: global name 'dbg' is not defined

I've attached the text from the log. I've confirmed this error does not
occur with the older wxPython 2.5.2.8 library.

John
Vic Heintz
2004-11-14 17:31:39 UTC
Post by John O'Shaughnessy
Post by Roger Binns
Can anyone on Mac confirm if the new wxPython 2.5.3 actually
compiles in Unicode mode on Mac, and works with BitPim.
If it does, we'll be able to be uniform across the platforms.
It is also advisable for everyone else to move up to this
next version of wxPython. I'll be removing some of the
workarounds I put in for earlier versions. (I always get
great satisfaction removing code :-)
With both the Unicode and ANSI versions of 2.5.3 for Mac OS X 10.3, I
received an exception when creating a new calendar entry. I think the
root
_validateDate
if valid: dbg('valid date')
NameError: global name 'dbg' is not defined
I've attached the text from the log. I've confirmed this error does
not
occur with the older wxPython 2.5.2.8 library.
Only the ansi version is available for Jaguar. (We'd be uniform across
platforms if everyone were on Panther.) I too get the same exception
for a new calendar entry. I also never got it before with the 2.5.2.8
library.

Vic