[Bitpim-devel] Wallpaper GUI problems observed
d***@netzero.com
2005-01-03 03:46:41 UTC
2005-01-03 05:03:13 UTC
I ran into a problem with the wallpaper GUI in the latest developer
version that did not appear in previous versions. I did the
The code (in CVS) for the wallpaper hasn't changed in months. I
believe this problem is due to Python doing lazy garbage collection
on open files and Windows doesn't allow open files to be deleted.

Roger
d***@netzero.com
2005-01-03 14:24:16 UTC
I believe this problem is due to Python doing lazy garbage collection
on open files and Windows doesn't allow open files to be deleted.
You're probably right. I'm just curious as why I'm seeing this symptom now with this load and not with previous ones. In any case, this would probaly go away with your new wallpaper GUI stuff.

NetZero Gift Certificates
Give the gift of Internet access this holiday season.
http://www.netzero.com/give
Roger Binns
2005-01-03 20:18:22 UTC
Post by d***@netzero.com
You're probably right. I'm just curious as why I'm seeing this
symptom now with this load and not with previous ones.
It is probably an artifact of how many images and their types that
you have loaded.
Post by d***@netzero.com
In any case, this would probaly go away with your new wallpaper GUI stuff.
I don't really know. One change I have been making is changing lines like
this:

f=open("filename", "rb")
data=f.read()
f.close()

To this:

data=open("filename", "rb").read()

Not only does that make the code shorter (always a good thing) but it makes
the garbage collection easier since there are no variables hanging on to
file objects which makes gc easier and means there is no concern about
forgetting to close the handles.

Roger
d***@netzero.com
2005-01-03 23:05:30 UTC
btw, did you also observe the symptom, or is it just me?

http://www.netzero.com/give
Roger Binns
2005-01-04 00:18:46 UTC
Post by d***@netzero.com
btw, did you also observe the symptom, or is it just me?
I have never seen it.