[BitPim-devel] LG VX-9100 Support
Joe Pham
2008-07-21 03:39:14 UTC
I've completed the LG VX-9100 support in BitPim (except for ICE entries). This support will be in the next test release. Nathan, let me know if you want to post a new patch.

Click for free home mortgage rates from top companies.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/fc/Ioyw6ijmO2yr5VW1z4nDHoLvfO2zH9ETl9BBOIFGt8FapVfC4XzLWs/
Nathan Hjelm
2008-07-21 05:42:04 UTC
A new version of the patch is attached.

Patches:
backup_perms.diff - set permissions of files in a backup
(previously permissions were no access)
brew.diff - don't treat special files like
directories
DMv6.diff - version of DMv6 that will work
with the VX-8560 (hacked version-- which works)

phonebook_groups.diff:
- Add preliminary support for the VX-9700 (Dare)
- Add support for the VX-8560 (Chocolate 3)
- Add ICE support (works with all LG Phonebook v1.0 phones) (Joe, what
tweaks did you want to do to this code?)
- Updated group file support for the VX-8700/VX-8550/VX-8350/VX-8800/etc
- Removed phonebook code from VX-9100. VX-9100 uses LG Phonebook v1.0
(no difference from VX-8550). Joe's updates reflected in VX-8550
changes.
- Added phone names for the VX-8550/VX-8800/VX-10000/VX-9900/etc

What works for VX-8560:
- SMS (same as VX-9100)
- Phonebook (LG Phonebook v1.0)
- Memo
- Call history
- Media files
- Calendar

What works for VX-9700:
- SMS (same as VX-9100)
- Phonebook (LG Phonebook v1.0)
- Media Files
- Calendar
Joe Pham
2008-07-22 19:56:21 UTC
Post by Nathan Hjelm
backup_perms.diff - set permissions of files in a backup
What issue does this patch fix and on what platform?

All other patches have been committed. Please verify them before we build the next test release. For now, I'd prefer to keep the VX9100 code intact so I can continue working on them w/o affecting other models.

Click here to find affordable degree programs.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/fc/Ioyw6ijlTK4wb9jp8Jhh2ghotqf3ZuLGZlUvhvPkOnDD2mgOXy4Uh2/
Nathan Hjelm
2008-07-22 21:17:20 UTC
On OSX (and any other UNIX platform) when a backup zip is expanded all files have no access permissions (---------) which forces the user to chmod the files before they can be read or modified. The patch sets the file permissions to rw------- so the file owner will have read and write permissions. As I said in an earlier email it might be a good idea to set the file permissions based off what they are on the phone so that Bitpim can eventually preserve permissions on a backup.
Post by Joe Pham
All other patches have been committed. Please verify them before we build the next test release. For now, I'd prefer to keep the VX9100 code intact so I can continue working on them w/o affecting other models.
Attached is a diff adding call history support to the Dare and bypassing the VX-9100's prototypes on the VX-8560 and VX-9700 for everything but SMS. The VX-9100 phonenumber prototype doesn't define the malformed() method at the moment. Everything else looks good and I will verify then when I get home.

-Nathan