[BitPim-devel] Naming phones
Roger Binns
2005-05-12 04:09:39 UTC
Joe,

The phone naming code is a little on the aggresive. I have only ever
named one phone, but no matter how many other phones I plug in, they
all get labelled as Roger's whatever.

2005-05-12 04:30:51 UTC
but no matter how many other phones I plug in, they all get labelled
as Roger's whatever.
Roger, the code associates a name with a sha esn of a particular phone, so the association should be unique. Please check if your phones are reporting their ESNs correctly (if at all), in the mean time, I'll double check the phone naming code. I guess if the ESNs are not being reported, the phone name thing should be skipped.

Speed up your surfing with NetZero HiSpeed.
Now includes pop-up blocker!
Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.netzero.com/surf to sign up today!
Roger Binns
2005-05-12 14:27:46 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Roger, the code associates a name with a sha esn of a particular phone,
so the association should be unique. Please check if your phones are
reporting their ESNs correctly (if at all),
They aren't reporting it at all as they don't have the autodetect code yet.