[Bitpim-devel] Normal Ringtone handling
Stephen Wood
2004-04-12 04:16:12 UTC
On the Sanyo phones, the default/normal ringtone, has, internal to the
phone, an id of zero. Following other examples, I don't make ringtones
entries into the entry unless the ringtone id is greater than zero.

When I go into the Phonebook entry editor for a person with the default
ringer, I am not given the option to change the ringer. Should I be
explicitly putting [{'ringtone': 'Normal', 'use': 'call'}] into the
entry?

Does this happen with LG phones, or is the default ringer one of those
listed in builtinringtones.

Stephen
Roger Binns
2004-04-12 03:49:52 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
When I go into the Phonebook entry editor for a person with the default
ringer, I am not given the option to change the ringer.
You need to click 'Add' at the top of the window and then work with
what appears. The UI in the phonebookentryeditor is logically
correct, but really needs some improvement. I think the easiest
thing will be that if there are no fields present, it should
not be blank, but instead be text saying something like
"Click Add to place an entry here'. I might even be able to
remove the toolbar completely and have each field have its
own up/down/delete/add button.
Post by Stephen Wood
Should I be
explicitly putting [{'ringtone': 'Normal', 'use': 'call'}] into the
entry?
No. In general try to avoid putting information into a record unless
it was explicitly set. This makes merging information from multiple
sources a lot easier since we then know that if a field is present
it was actually a desired value.
Post by Stephen Wood
Does this happen with LG phones, or is the default ringer one of those
listed in builtinringtones.
Entries with default ringers do not have anything listed if
you go into the phonebookentry editor.