[Bitpim-devel] Tech docs for Toshiba VM4050 (Audiovox 9950)
NC DEV
2004-04-28 21:48:33 UTC
Can anyone please point me to the technical
documentation for the Toshiba VM4050 (Audiovox 9950)?

Thanks.

2004-04-28 22:53:48 UTC
Post by NC DEV
Can anyone please point me to the technical
documentation for the Toshiba VM4050 (Audiovox 9950)?
I would assume you can find the manuals etc on their
web site.

If you mean the kind of information that BitPim needs then
you are SOL. No company documents that. (Things are a little
different in the GSM world).

Roger
NC DEV
2004-04-28 23:14:37 UTC
Yes, I was referring to the kind of documentation that
BitPim needs.

How can I NOT be SOL? How does BitPim support the
other phones? Was it trial and error or did someone
obtain the necessary docs?
Post by NC DEV
Post by NC DEV
Can anyone please point me to the technical
documentation for the Toshiba VM4050 (Audiovox
9950)?
I would assume you can find the manuals etc on their
web site.
If you mean the kind of information that BitPim
needs then
you are SOL. No company documents that. (Things
are a little
different in the GSM world).
Get certified on the hottest thing ever to hit the
market... Oracle 10g.
Take an Oracle 10g class now, and we'll give you the
exam FREE.

2004-04-29 00:06:27 UTC
Post by NC DEV
How can I NOT be SOL? How does BitPim support the
other phones? Was it trial and error or did someone
obtain the necessary docs?
There is absolutely no documentation for the stuff
that BitPim does. I was all figured out by sniffing
serial ports and looking at what other programs do,
guesswork, trial and error. In some cases (eg the
Sanyo phones) there were existing open source programs
with some documentation.

Audiovox is especially bad since they aren't really
a product company themselves. They take other people's
stuff, do a trivial amount of customisation (typically
none) and then release it.