[Bitpim-devel] ntp
Somerlot, Chris
2004-01-13 13:08:55 UTC
Is there a way to update the time on the phone through the interface? I'm
wondering if there is a way to implement a update from an ntp server?
Jim
2004-01-13 14:33:02 UTC
The phone gets its time from the cell towers which use GPS receivers (they
have atomic clocks on the satellites) or from another NTP server.

Seems to me you like that the other way around. If you are seeing a time
discrepancy on your phone against a trusted source (i.e. an atomic clock) then
contact your provider about this.

Jim West
www.jameswest.com

The box said Windows 95 or better, so I installed Linux.

2004-01-13 21:29:18 UTC
Post by Jim
The phone gets its time from the cell towers which use GPS receivers (they
have atomic clocks on the satellites) or from another NTP server.
Then there was the one time I was at the Los Angeles Convention Center and
the tower in the CC was out by an hour (hadn't adjusted for daylight savings).
Clock on the phone kept changing depending where you were in the building.