[Bitpim-devel] Fw: VX4600 support
Dale
2004-09-15 18:28:38 UTC
Hi Roger, it starts at 1.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale [mailto:***@telus.net]
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 9:15 AM
To: Rieberger, Dale
Subject: FW: [Bitpim-devel] Fw: VX4600 support

-----Original Message-----
From: bitpim-devel-***@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:bitpim-devel-***@lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Roger
Binns
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 1:07 PM
To: bitpim-***@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Bitpim-devel] Fw: VX4600 support

Dale,

What is the first speeddial that a user can set. For example on the
VX4400 it is 1. On the VX6000 it is 2 (1 is reserved for voice mail).

2004-09-16 04:55:14 UTC
Post by Dale
Hi Roger, it starts at 1.
I also need to know the last number (presumably 99 or 100). BTW
Are you absolutely sure it is 1 and not 2?

I am also going to be disabling the vx4600 for the next build.
I am not happy with various fields having known wrong values,
other fields being uncertain and some being right. I would
rather support the phone properly or not at all, and especially
not corrupting people's data.

Roger
Dale
2004-09-16 17:36:37 UTC
It starts at 1 and goes to 99.

Will you still help me with this phone after you disable from the build?

2004-09-17 05:38:29 UTC
Post by Dale
It starts at 1 and goes to 99.
I have committed that.
Post by Dale
Will you still help me with this phone after you disable from the build?
Not in the current way. Please don't take this personally and remember
that you are under no obligation to do this or contribute in any way.
What you have contributed so far is very much appreciated.

Quite simply I can't do the development in tiny dribs and drabs with
weeks between messages sometimes. Additionally one important element
is missing which is being able to tell if things look 'normal' or
'complete', as well as looking for error conditions and likely bugs.
You are not really in a position to do that since you have no idea what
is normal only having one phone model, and not having any knowlegde
of the internals of BitPim!

I know some fields, constants etc are wrong and are inconsistent
with each other. I also know that until very recently no-one
was even testing writing of the phonebook since it crashed. Given
the potential for mucking things up, it is by far safer to disable
the code all in production builds.

Additionally I can't really commit any of my own time in advance
since my consulting work also takes variable amount of time
every day.

Roger
Dale
2004-09-21 14:17:21 UTC
Well if you ever need more information or have time to look at it again, let
me know. I will try and help.

Dale