[Bitpim-devel] bad link and other info
Thomas Kadow
2003-05-23 21:23:41 UTC
Just thought you might want to fix your readme page
(http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/readme.html).
You have a link to the Python site that SHOULD point to www.python.org.
Instead yours points to python.com which is a porn site.

Also, I noticed that in BitPim v0.53 in the Phonebook section you have some
fields at the far right that don't have real labels on them. It looks like
the field labeled "?offset20c" stores information about voice recordings for
voice-ativated dialing. I noticed that the only entries that have data in
this column are ones that I set-up voice recording for. The last digit
appears to match up with the last digit of the tag files sotored in
"\VoiceDB\All\tags," but I don't know if this is significant.

Finally, the column labeled "?offset111" appears to store information
related to the picture associated with that contact. The last digit appears
to match the index for the picture, but again I don't know if this is
significant.

-Tom

2003-06-16 05:01:32 UTC
Thanks for all the updates. I have just had the "pleasure" of
moving house amongst other things.

My goal is to get 0.6 out with calendar support. I'll then
work on completing the fields and import/export for 0.7.

2003-07-20 16:51:00 UTC
Post by Thomas Kadow
Just thought you might want to fix your readme page
(http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/readme.html).
You have a link to the Python site that SHOULD point to www.python.org.
Instead yours points to python.com which is a porn site.
Fortunately it wasn't much of a porn site. I have now updated the web
site correcting the link, as well as adding status information and
details of Linux RPM availability. It is just the Mac folks who
don't have a packaged binary distribution now.

Thanks for the info on the offset fields in the phone book. I will
either update them in time for 0.6 release, or more likely do it
for 0.7.