[Bitpim-devel] DSV package
Jon Smirl
2004-01-20 01:08:13 UTC
I'm trying to run the CVS version, where does the DSV package come from?

=====
Jon Smirl
***@yahoo.com

2004-01-20 02:54:24 UTC
Post by Jon Smirl
I'm trying to run the CVS version, where does the DSV package come from?
http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/developer.html

If you want USB to work, you will also need to build in native/usb (you
will need swig installed [a recent one, not the ancient crud on RH9])
by running build.sh

I would recommend you stick to a standard stable kernel (2.4.x) first before
trying out the 2.6 series. I have no idea if libusb works correctly against
2.6. If you want to post more about it, first establish that the issues are
not caused by the new kernel, interactions with libusb etc.

Additionally bitpim will only list interfaces for which there are bulk
endpoints going in both directions (OUT and IN).

Roger
Jon Smirl
2004-01-20 03:10:25 UTC
I only have one interface with two bulk endpoints. I had thought that this was
part of the audio support but maybe it isn't.

Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 1
bAlternateSetting 0
bNumEndpoints 2
bInterfaceClass 10
bInterfaceSubClass 0
bInterfaceProtocol 0
iInterface 4 Motorola Communication Interface
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x8a EP 10 IN
bmAttributes 2
Transfer Type Bulk
Synch Type none
wMaxPacketSize 64
bInterval 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x0b EP 11 OUT
bmAttributes 2
Transfer Type Bulk
Synch Type none
wMaxPacketSize 64
bInterval 0

=====
Jon Smirl
***@yahoo.com

Jon Smirl
2004-01-20 07:06:50 UTC
I'm making progress. The errors were because I needed to udate to most recent
usbutils. I'm able to get directories without problem now. I simply open the
modem device from bitpim. I've tried both 2.4 and 2.6 and I get the same
behavior.

Now each time I try to get a file I'm getting a protocol error. This phone is
very new so it is probably Brew 3.0. I'm going to go find a Windows machine so
that I can download their SDK. Hopefully it will document the USB transactions.
I tried selecting all of the differenct phones in BitPim but I got the same
error each time.

Is there any way to copy/dump the protocol log?

=====
Jon Smirl
***@yahoo.com

2004-01-20 10:02:04 UTC
Post by Jon Smirl
Now each time I try to get a file I'm getting a protocol error. This phone is
very new so it is probably Brew 3.0.
The Brew version has nothing to do with the diagnostics protocol.
Post by Jon Smirl
I tried selecting all of the differenct phones in BitPim but I got the same
error each time.
The diagnostics protocol is identical no matter what phone is selected.
Post by Jon Smirl
Is there any way to copy/dump the protocol log?
Control C/Scrape and paste.

Roger
Jon Smirl
2004-01-20 07:38:14 UTC
I'm downloading the various Brew SDKs. Can you give me a clue as to where to
look for data on the USB transactions?

=====
Jon Smirl
***@yahoo.com

2004-01-20 10:00:22 UTC
Post by Jon Smirl
I'm downloading the various Brew SDKs. Can you give me a clue as to where to
look for data on the USB transactions?
They don't have it in the SDKs. The USB stuff is just bi-directional reads
and writes.

Roger
Jon Smirl
2004-01-20 19:01:51 UTC
Post by Jon Smirl
I'm downloading the various Brew SDKs. Can you give me a clue as to where to
look for data on the USB transactions?
They don't have it in the SDKs. The USB stuff is just bi-directional reads
and writes.
Is the content of the read/writes documented anywhere?

I tried everything I can think of but I can't get copy to work from the protocol
window.

I do see it do this:
go into brew mode
memoryconfig req/resp is ok
listfile req/resp is ok
listdirectories req/resp is ok

Readfile request, 17 bytes:
59 04 00 0d 6e 76 6d 2f 24 53 59 53 2e 45 53 4e 00

Response, 17 bytes:
59 04 0d 6e 76 6d 2f 24 53 59 53 2e 45 53 4e 00 31

then it thows an exception NameTooLong.

=====
Jon Smirl
***@yahoo.com