[Bitpim-devel] Verizon phone for bitpim and SAAB 9-5
Peter Dufault
2004-07-21 20:44:08 UTC
My wife's Verizon phone died due to falling into teriyaki chicken.

We've temporarily gotten a LG VX4500 since I have one, we have about
another week to return it. However, I'd like to hook it up to her SAAB
9-5, which has hands free support integrated into the audio system and
with a microphone in the roof. Here's what I need from the phone
according to SAAB's excellent instructions:

"The following mobile telephone features are required to utilize all of
these listed features:

1 A GROUNDED mute signal from the telephone when the phone is in use.
This circuit is necessary to signal the audio system to mute the radio
volume and look for input from the telephone.

2 External positive and negative speaker outputs so the sound from the
telephone can be played through the car's stereo system speakers.

3 External microphone connection.

4 Provision for unswitched (B+), switched power, and ground."

They then proceed to give great instructions.

I contacted Verizon, and they decline to help. I contacted LG and they
haven't answered. I also searched on the web without success, but did
learn that the only interest in cell phone connector pinouts seems to
be focused in Russia, and have to do with re-programming the phones.
They don't bother with things like speaker outputs.

Does anyone know if one of the Verizon cell phones works with bitpim
and has the above signals that I need to hook it into the 9-5?

Thanks,

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.
Roger Binns
2004-07-23 19:46:22 UTC
You are best off asking at http://zoran-horvat.de/private/CarPC/

Roger
Peter Dufault
2004-07-23 21:39:09 UTC
You are best off asking at http://zoran-horvat.de/private/CarPC/
Danke sehr, vielleicht jetzt kann ich es tun -

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.