[Bitpim-devel] VX10/TM520
Roger Binns
2003-12-02 23:04:45 UTC
So what happened to the folks working on the LG VX10/TM520?

Roger
Alan Gonzalez
2003-12-04 14:25:35 UTC
I'm still here, just got distracted. The last thing I was messing with was
outlook access through python. I haven't added any new features to my local
copy of bitpim since the last updates i sent you.
Post by Roger Binns
So what happened to the folks working on the LG VX10/TM520?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/
Roger Binns
2003-12-05 07:35:51 UTC
Post by Alan Gonzalez
I'm still here, just got distracted. The last thing I was messing with was
outlook access through python. I haven't added any new features to my local
copy of bitpim since the last updates i sent you.
I suspect some of the code may no longer work. In particular the phonebook
format has gradually improved and is documented at the top of phonebook.py.
You may not quite be supplying it back in that format, and probably
not coping with it for writing. I would also like to move the
current writing code which should be generic to all LG phones
into the main LG class. I think you can take the existing 4400 code
and put it in your class and see if it works. If it does, then it can
be moved as is.

What did you find out about the Outlook stuff?

If you look in native/wab, I did implement code that deals with the
Windows address book. The api is documented at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/wab/reference/interfaces.asp

I believe the interfaces should be identical on Outlook except
for the last two which are wab specific.

Roger
Alan Gonzalez
2003-12-05 15:16:58 UTC
Post by Alan Gonzalez
copy of bitpim since the last updates i sent you.
I suspect some of the code may no longer work. In particular the phonebook
format has gradually improved and is documented at the top of phonebook.py.
You may not quite be supplying it back in that format, and probably
not coping with it for writing. I would also like to move the
current writing code which should be generic to all LG phones
into the main LG class. I think you can take the existing 4400 code
and put it in your class and see if it works. If it does, then it can
be moved as is.
What did you find out about the Outlook stuff?
Well I found out that working with outlook 98 and newer through python is much
easier. I had outlook 97 on one computer and outlook 2000 on another. Outlook
97 was just not working right. In researching it seemed like outlook 98
behaves better as far as the MAPI interface and declared constants.

It's pretty easy to go through contacts or calendar or email and get that
information. I have a couple scripts that do it. The thing though that i
hadn't figured out how to do is make it work with different outlook versions
transparently. Right now I have to specify the outlook version like 0.9.0.
Post by Roger Binns
If you look in native/wab, I did implement code that deals with the
Windows address book. The api is documented at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/wab/reference/interfaces.asp
I believe the interfaces should be identical on Outlook except
for the last two which are wab specific.
Possibly. I just go through the MAPI interfaces.