[BitPim-devel] a quick(?) question
Jerad Clark
2005-10-14 19:52:28 UTC
I was checking out the current PM-325 code, which reads the phone book
data with no apparent issues, and I find that when I double-click an
entry and get the "Edit PhoneBook Entry" window, that under the
numbers tab -> number details -> type, they all default to none, even
though all my numbers have a type displayed in the main window.

Is this a bug in the 325 code, a bug in BitPim's number cleaner ( I
noticed all the dashes in the numbers are gone),
Stephen Wood
2005-10-14 20:23:59 UTC
Not sure if this is the problem, but in p_lgpm325.p, there is a line:

numbertypetab=( 'Mobile', 'Home', 'Office', 'fax', 'pager' )

I believe that the number types should not be capitalized. Try changing the
line to:

numbertypetab=( 'mobile', 'home', 'office', 'fax', 'pager' )

and then before running bitpim, do

python2.3 protogen.py p_lgpm325.p

(This "compiles" the .p file into p_lgpm325.py)

If that helps, let me know and I will update the code. Also, if you think
the phonebook is being read properly, let me know and I will include PM325
phonebook reading in the next BitPim release. (Presently it will only run
from from source, but not compiled releases.)

I think where you see dashes in numbers, they are put there by a pretifier.
Internally, and in the phonebook editor, it is just numbers (and perhaps *,
# and pauses).

Stephen

PS, if the author of the PM325 code has any updates, please post them.
Post by Jerad Clark
I was checking out the current PM-325 code, which reads the phone book
data with no apparent issues, and I find that when I double-click an
entry and get the "Edit PhoneBook Entry" window, that under the
numbers tab -> number details -> type, they all default to none, even
though all my numbers have a type displayed in the main window.
Is this a bug in the 325 code, a bug in BitPim's number cleaner ( I
noticed all the dashes in the numbers are gone), or is this by design?
Thanks,
Jerad Clark
Jerad Clark

All the evil in this world is a
Jerad Clark
2005-10-14 21:35:33 UTC
It seems BitPim doesn't have a mobile option in the dropdown, so if
mobile is changed to "cell", it works.

I don't know what, if any confusion that would cause with the phone
saying "mobile" and BitPim changing it to "cell" though.

Jerad
Post by Jerad Clark
I was checking out the current PM-325 code, which reads the phone book
data with no apparent issues, and I find that when I double-click an
entry and get the "Edit PhoneBook Entry" window, that under the
numbers tab -> number details -> type, they all default to none, even
though all my numbers have a type displayed in the main window.
Is this a bug in the 325 code, a bug in BitPim's number cleaner ( I
noticed all the dashes in the numbers are gone), or is this by design?
Thanks,
Jerad Clark
--
All the evil in this world is a denial of what is true.
All the evil in this wor
Stephen Wood
2005-10-15 02:17:31 UTC
Post by Jerad Clark
It seems BitPim doesn't have a mobile option in the dropdown, so if
mobile is changed to "cell", it works.
I don't know what, if any confusion that would cause with the phone
saying "mobile" and BitPim changing it to "cell" though.
Your right, the valid BitPim types are 'home', 'office', 'cell', 'fax',
'pager', 'data', and 'none'. If the phone has a "Work" type, it is mapped to
"office". "Mobile" is mapped to "cell".

Shouldn't cause the phone any confusion.

I updated the CVS with the proper types.

Stephen
Jerad Clark
2005-10-15 16:31:49 UTC
well, I meant more along the lines of confusion for the user, rather
then confusion for the phone.

The changes to cvs look good. As a final test for reading in the
phonebook, I'll change some data on the phone and try a merge into the
local data.

But that will have to wait until later this evening. If there are any
other reading phonebook kinda tests you would like me to try as well,
just let me know.

Thanks for the help so far!
Jerad Clark
All the evi
Brent Roettger
2005-10-16 07:25:28 UTC
<DIV></DIV><BR>
<DIV></DIV>PS, if the author of the PM325 code has any updates, please post them.<BR>
<DIV></DIV><BR>
<DIV></DIV><BR>
<DIV></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT>
<BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></div></html>