[Bitpim-devel] Re: BitPim 0.7.24 now available (development releas e)
d***@netzero.com
2005-01-07 22:22:47 UTC
I didn't hit every pixel) inside a calendar day cell and I couldn't get anything to pop up anywhere
d***@netzero.com
2005-01-07 22:30:26 UTC
Also the "+" and "X" icons are grayed out
I believe those buttons are not supposed to be active for the Calendar tab. You add/delete calendar events via the Calendar Editor panel, which does not seem to work properly for the Mac at the moment.

Speed up your surfing with NetZero HiSpeed.
Now includes pop-up blocker!
Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.netzero.com/surf to sign up today!
Vic Heintz
2005-01-07 22:56:29 UTC
d***@netzero.com
2005-01-07 23:17:45 UTC
What is supposed to launch the Calendar Entry Editor?
module bpcalendar:

- line 547: instatiate the Calendar Editor dialog:
self.dialog=calendarentryeditor.Editor(self)

- line 677 & 678: set the date of the current calendar cell and display the dialog:
self.dialog.setdate(year, month, day)
self.dialog.Show(True)

- line 673: if the dialog is active, just beep:
if self.dialog.dirty:
# user is editing a field so we don't allow edit
wx.Bell()

Vic Heintz
2005-01-08 00:19:56 UTC
Post by d***@netzero.com
# user is editing a field so we don't allow edit
wx.Bell()
Just tested and self.dialog.dirty is True the very first time OnEdit is
reached so there is no opportunity for self.dialog.Show(True) to ever
be executed.

Vic
d***@netzero.com
2005-01-08 00:42:03 UTC
Just tested and self.dialog.dirty is True the very first time OnEdit is reached
Interesting, can you try this to see if the dialog pops up:

module bpcalendar:
-line 548 add:
self.__first_time=True

-insert before line 673:
if self.__first_time:
self.__first_time=self.dialog.dirty=False

This should force the dialog to popup initially, and should work properly aferward. We'll then try to figure out why dirty is T in the first place.

Vic Heintz
2005-01-08 01:06:09 UTC
Post by d***@netzero.com
Post by Vic Heintz
Just tested and self.dialog.dirty is True the very first time OnEdit
is reached
self.__first_time=True
self.__first_time=self.dialog.dirty=False
This should force the dialog to popup initially, and should work
properly aferward. We'll then try to figure out why dirty is T in the
first place.
Yes, it does pop up now. However, the "New" button is grayed out so it
is not very useful. See attached screen grab.

Vic
d***@netzero.com
2005-01-08 01:10:36 UTC
Thanks Vic. Try 'Cancel' and bring it backup again.

Vic Heintz
2005-01-08 01:32:11 UTC
Post by d***@netzero.com
Thanks Vic. Try 'Cancel' and bring it backup again.
Still no "New" button. Hitting "Revert" activates the "Delete" button.
Then hitting Delete causes a fatal exception.

Vic
d***@netzero.com
2005-01-08 01:37:04 UTC
Thanks Vic. At least, we're getting somewhere, can you please post the exception log.

Vic Heintz
2005-01-08 02:40:17 UTC
Post by d***@netzero.com
Thanks Vic. At least, we're getting somewhere, can you please post
the exception log.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/vic/Projects/bitpim/calendarentryeditor.py", line 668,
in OnDeleteButton
if entry.repeat is not None:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'repeat'

Variables by last 8 frames, innermost last

Frame ? in /Users/vic/Projects/bitpim/bp.py at line 79
profile = <function profile at 0x10f4f0>
__file__ = '/Users/vic/Projects/bitpim/bp.py'
__name__ = '__main__'
__doc__ = 'Main entry point to Bitpim\n\nIt invokes BitPim in
gui or commandline mode as a

Frame run in /Users/vic/Projects/bitpim/gui.py at line 361
args = (['/Users/vic/Projects/bitpim/bp.py'],)
m = <gui.MainApp; proxy of C++ wxPyApp instance at
_0213cce0_p_wxPyApp>

Frame MainLoop in
//Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-
packages/wx/_core.py at line 5262
self = <gui.MainApp; proxy of C++ wxPyApp instance at
_0213cce0_p_wxPyApp>

Frame MainLoop in
//Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-
packages/wx/_core.py at line 4732
args = (<gui.MainApp; proxy of C++ wxPyApp instance at
_0213cce0_p_wxPyApp>,)
kwargs = Keys []
{}

Frame OnDeleteButton in
/Users/vic/Projects/bitpim/calendarentryeditor.py at line 668
entry = None
self = <calendarentryeditor.Editor; proxy of C++ wxDialog
instance at _03a7ef60_p_wxDia
evt = <wx._core.CommandEvent; proxy of C++ wxCommandEvent
instance at _bfffe1b0_p_wxCo
res = 1