[BitPim-devel] safety
john moore
2007-09-10 22:21:25 UTC
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=1236151

I was hoping we could talk about putting in safeguards against these kinds
of issues. Although it may be too much work to offer any kind of guarantee
to end users, some simple warnings might help reduce the rate of disaster.
thanks.

John Moore
Nathan Hjelm

John Moore
john moore
2007-09-10 22:37:38 UTC
that would be great. since i have all my calendars synced across
google/plaxo etc., it gives me way too much stuff, like local events and all
the recurrances of recurring events.
Post by Nathan Hjelm
I think it would be a good idea to implement safeguards. In fact, I have a
patch I wrote some time ago that limits BitPim to send only the next hundred
or so relevant (not expired) calendar entries. I just haven't got around to
submitting it for comments.
-Nathan
Post by john moore
to end users, some simple warnings might help reduce the rate of
disaster.
Post by john moore
thanks.
John Moore
Sincerely,

John Moore
Minds Dozer, Inc.
(Min) dsD-ozer
(646) 373-6937
Joe Pham
2007-09-11 21:31:01 UTC
Post by john moore
I was hoping we could talk about putting in safeguards against these
kinds of issues
We have them in place for those known limitations. Things like file sizes or filesystems spaces are neither documented nor defined anywhere.

Make money while helping others. Click here for information on becoming a personal trainer.
http://3rdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2211/fc/Ioyw6ijm6rh6IeFvYhGHxI36aYhvn5LjgAAxOPRDQWf7ygxcSl0RBS/
Joe Pham
2007-09-11 21:33:15 UTC
Post by Nathan Hjelm
that limits BitPim to send only the next hundred or so relevant (not
expired) calendar entries.
For LG phones, the limit is in place (default to 300 max), but never enforced. The fix will be in the next test release.

john moore