[BitPim-devel] Media GUI changes
Simon C
2006-05-12 22:38:19 UTC
I have complete the changes for the new media display.
If anyone has time to test it out on their phones it would help.
The code is in a separate branch in svn, at
https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/bitpim/developer/skyjunky/new_ringer
I will merge into the main trunk after 0.9.0 is announced.

Main changes are:
The media is organised in the tree view by origin, there is a summary
showing all the media on the phone, allows media to be added to any origin.
New feature allowing you to move media from one origin to another
The media is stored in the database and a new folder in the filesystem, it
should automatically convert from the old storage mechanism and then delete
the old files.
Non-unique filenames are supported if the origin is different. (requires
code changes to the phone specific code to work fully, I modified the newer
verizon LGs only)
Export to folder and export to zip options added to help copy files out of
bitpim
New additional list view for media, controlled via buttons on media widgets
Date of files on phone are now preserved when they are copied from the phone
or imported from the filesystem (required change to phone code to fully
implement)
For phones that block access to ringers (vx8100) bitpim will remember the
existing file it uploaded rather than creating an empty file.
Fixed problem importing non-ascii named files, it downgrades gracefully to
ascii.
Added right click menus for media nodes in tree view.
Fix mouse wheel problem for media panels.

Simon
Joe Pham
2006-05-15 02:57:25 UTC
Post by Simon C
I will merge into the main trunk after 0.9.0 is announced.
Please do not merge it into the main trunk until we all have a chance to try it out and provide feedbacks.

Call Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere in the World - FREE!
Free Internet calling from NetZero Voice
Visit http://www.netzerovoice.com today!
Simon C
2006-05-15 13:31:15 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Please do not merge it into the main trunk until we all have
a chance to try it out and provide feedbacks.
Can you set a time for this to be done by, so it not open ended, I expect
only a couple of people are interested in doing this.

Simon
Joe Pham
2006-05-15 22:03:01 UTC
Post by Simon C
Can you set a time for this to be done by
Can't speak for others, but my goal is to look into it by this weekend at the latest.

Jerad Clark
2006-05-16 00:17:15 UTC
I'll test it out on my LG PM-325 tomorrow.

I had looked at it last week (didn't test it) and liked what I saw though :)

Jerad
Post by Simon C
[...]
Date of files on phone are now preserved when they are copied from the phone
--
All the evil in this world is a denial of what is true.