[Bitpim-devel] Minor bitfling complaints
Stephen Wood
2004-04-28 12:53:48 UTC
I have a few minor bitfling complaints, none of which will stop me from
using it and soliciting someone to flingserve the latest Sanyo phone to
me.

1. The allowed addresses field on a user doesn't get remembered upon
exit. I am able to edit the .bitfling file though so that it gets
remembered.

2. Under linux, the little paw icon that bit fling pops up is hard to
move. If I move the mouse to fast, it falls off the mouse. Since linux
desktops don't really have an equivalent to the windows tray, I think I
would prefer that the Bitfling GUI come up and let the user iconify it.

3. Exiting bitfling (under linux again), leaves an exception on the
console. Something about un-authorized fondling?

Stephen

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "bitfling/bitfling.py", line 313, in OnAuthListItemFondled
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxPython/wx.py", line 1828, in
__getattr__
wxPython.wx.wxPyDeadObjectError: The C++ part of the wxButton object has
been deleted, attribute access no longer allowed.
Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method
BitFlingService.__bootstrap of <BitFlingService(Threading SSH server
controller for :12652, stopped daemon)>>
Error in sys.excepthook:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

Original exception was:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/threading.py", line 451, in __bootstrap
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/threading.py", line 460, in __stop
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/threading.py", line 256, in notifyAll
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/threading.py", line 238, in notify
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
Roger Binns
2004-04-28 17:19:40 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
1. The allowed addresses field on a user doesn't get remembered upon
exit. I am able to edit the .bitfling file though so that it gets
remembered.
"Edit" doesn't cause changes to be saved. "Adds" are saved. It
is a bug that will be fixed in the next release.
Post by Stephen Wood
2. Under linux, the little paw icon that bit fling pops up is hard to
move. If I move the mouse to fast, it falls off the mouse.
The problem is that if the mouse moves outside of the window then
it no longer gets mouse events. I did try capturing the mouse but
that has no effect.
Post by Stephen Wood
Since linux
desktops don't really have an equivalent to the windows tray, I think I
would prefer that the Bitfling GUI come up and let the user iconify it.
wx 2.5 does include the equivalent of tray icons for GTK :-) Consequently
I expect to use that when we switch to 2.5. I do agree that the icon
could use some improvement, but since it is straight forward wx programming
to fix, I will leave that to others. It will presumably annoy enough
people that someone with wx skills will fix it. (It should remember
last position for example).
Post by Stephen Wood
3. Exiting bitfling (under linux again), leaves an exception on the
console. Something about un-authorized fondling?
File "bitfling/bitfling.py", line 313, in OnAuthListItemFondled
It calls back my function during shutdown after the item it is on
has disappeared!
Post by Stephen Wood
Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method
BitFlingService.__bootstrap of <BitFlingService(Threading SSH server
controller for :12652, stopped daemon)>>
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/threading.py", line 451, in __bootstrap
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/threading.py", line 460, in __stop
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/threading.py", line 256, in notifyAll
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/threading.py", line 238, in notify
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
That one is more annoying and happens on Windows and Linux (and presumably
Mac). You will see something similar when exiting BitPim. It all happens
during shutdown *after* all my objects have been deleted and is something
to do with how Python shuts down threads. I can't figure out any
code that work around it, since the code will have been unloaded. What
I may just do is change the shutdown procedure so sys._exit is called
which just abruptly terminates the process.