[BitPim-devel] Debug python script for BitPim
Joe Pham
2008-02-28 05:33:53 UTC
To better investigate ever increasing complex BitPim bugs, I'm thinking of adding a feature into BitPim that allows users to run python scripts as requested and supplied by developers. The goal is to allow users to more effectively and quickly help developers with collecting more data or providing more info about the bug(s).

I'm thinking of adding a main menu item called 'Debug' which would consis of 2 items: Data Recording and Run Script.

Thoughts, comments?

Bad web design can hurt your business! Click to hire a professional
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2211/fc/Ioyw6ijmWPmE7181LbnWKdI52aN83L4oKhBpE8X3mrRrwwfLOQktvO/
Sean Burke
2008-02-28 12:45:27 UTC
Joe,
This sounds like a good idea, given that a lot of the people who find
the bugs are not necessarily capable of diagnosing them. Obviously,
there are some security concerns, but as long as it doesn't turn into
something like VB scripting, it should be ok. :)

Sean
Kenneth P. Schnell
2008-03-03 05:36:51 UTC
I like the Idea and think it is fantastic! Many of your smarter programs
have this today and it speeds updevelop time and bug fixes.