[BitPim-devel] Initial LG-PM325 support
Brent Roettger
2005-09-28 05:02:12 UTC
### BITPIM
###
### Copyright (C) 2005 Brent Roettger <***@msn.com>
###
### This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
### it under the terms of the BitPim license as detailed in the LICENSE
file.
###
### $Id: com_lgpm325.py,v 1.00 2005/09/14

"""Communicate with the LG PM325 (Sprint) cell phone"""

# standard modules
import datetime
import re
import time
import cStringIO
import sha

# my modules
import bpcalendar
import common
import commport
import copy
import p_lgpm325
import p_brew
import com_brew
import com_phone
import com_lg
import com_lgvx4400
import prototypes
import fileinfo
import call_history
import sms

class Phone(com_lgvx4400.Phone):
"Talk to the LG PM325 cell phone"

desc="LG-PM325"
wallpaperindexfilename="setas/amsImageIndex.map"
ringerindexfilename="setas/amsRingerIndex.map"
protocolclass=p_lgpm325
serialsname='lgpm325'

imagelocations=(
# offset, index file, files location, type, maximumentries
( 2, wallpaperindexfilename, "brew/shared", "images", 30),
)

ringtonelocations=(
# offset, index file, files location, type, maximumentries
( 2, ringerindexfilename, "user/sound/ringer", "ringers", 30),
)

builtinimages=('Starfish', 'Goldfish', 'Leaves', 'Bicycle', 'Speed',
'Autumn', 'Island', 'Winter', 'Bamboo', 'Yellow Flowers',
'Snow')

builtinringtones=( 'Tone 1', 'Tone 2', 'Tone 3', 'Tone 4', 'Tone 5',
'Tone 6',
'Alert 1', 'Alert 2', 'Alert 3', 'Alert 4', 'Alert
5', 'Alert 6',
'Jazztic', 'Rock & Roll', 'Grand Waltz', 'Toccata and
Fugue',
'Sunday Afternoon', 'Bumble Bee', 'Circus Band',
'Cuckoo Waltz',
'Latin', 'CanCan', 'Play tag', 'Eine kleine
Nachtmusik',
'Symphony No.25 in G Minor', 'Capriccio a minor',
'Moonlight',
Stephen Wood
2005-09-28 13:37:13 UTC
Brent:

Since I seem to handle the Sprint phones, I'll check your code into the CVS,
probably this evening.

A question:

Do you know why long lines are split in the files you sent? Is this done by
your editor or your email program? I don't think it will run with long lines
split the way they are. I can fix it up before I check things in, but it
would be worthwhile figuring out how avoid these line breaks for future code
submissions.

Thanks, Stephen
All,
Here is my inital attempt at supporting my new phone. It is an LG PM 325
from Sprint. ...
Brent Roettger
2005-09-29 04:12:33 UTC
<P>I am not sure.&nbsp; I edited all of the files using IDLE on a Win XP machine.&nbsp; I suspect it may be due to how hotmail attaches files.&nbsp; Should I put them in a zip file in the future?</P>
<P>Does anyone have any Ideas about my situation with&nbsp;the com port being detected incorrectly during phone auto detection?&nbsp; It is detecting a com3 when I do not have a com3 on my system.&nbsp; It should be com4 which is what my USB cable is mapped to.<BR></P>
<P>Brent<BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #a0c6e5 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY: tahoma,sans-serif">
<HR color=#a0c6e5 SIZE=1>

<DIV></DIV><BR>
<DIV></DIV>A question:<BR>
<DIV></DIV><BR>
<DIV></DIV>Do you know why long lines are split in the files you sent?&nbsp; Is
<DIV></DIV>this done by your editor or your email program?&nbsp; I don't think it
<DIV></DIV>will run with long lines split the way they are.&nbsp; I can fix it up
<DIV></DIV>before I check things in, but it would be worthwhile figuring out how
<DIV></DIV>avoid these line breaks for future code submissions.<BR>
<DIV></DIV><BR>
<DIV></DIV>Thanks, Stephen</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></div></html>
Jerad Clark
2005-09-29 04:17:49 UTC
I was going to try this out tonight, but didn't feel like messing with
the line spacing issue.

Once some other code is posted I'll be able to test out anything you want.

BTW v20 of the firmware for the PM-325 came out today. The only
noticable difference is the new "turn on" animation, based one the new
graphics from the Sprint/verizon merger.
I am not sure. I edited all of the files using IDLE on a Win XP machine. I
suspect it may be due to how hotmail attaches files. Should I put them in a
zip file in the future?
Does anyone have any Ideas about my situation with the com port being
detected incorrectly during phone auto detection? It is detecting a com3
when I do not have a com3 on my system. It should be com4 which is what my
USB cable is mapped to.
Brent
All the evil in this world is a denial of what is true.
Michael C.
2005-09-29 04:35:16 UTC
... based one the new
graphics from the Sprint/verizon merger.
Jerad,

I think you meant the Sprint/Nextel merger. Verizon is still a separate
company (IMHO, thank goodness - I'm a loyal VZW customer).

Mike
Jerad Clark

All the evil in this world
Stephen Wood
Stephen Wood
2005-09-29 12:20:48 UTC
Brent:

(Sorry about the blank email. Seems that gmail likes to send out the message
when I hit tab???)

I checked in your code. Please try it to make sure I fixed all the newlines.

IDLE should be OK as an editor. Try sending them in a zip next time. I am
not sure sourceforge accepts zips, so you might need to put a different file
extension on it. Or send differences to what is in the CVS.

Stephen