[Bitpim-devel] New developer feature
Roger Binns
2004-11-21 02:40:27 UTC
Edit your config (register on Windows, ~/.bitpim on Linux and Mac) and
add a dword/integer key:

console=1

Start BitPim and enjoy :-)

Roger
Vic Heintz
2004-11-21 14:02:50 UTC
Edit your config (register on Windows, ~/.bitpim on Linux and Mac) and
console=1
Start BitPim and enjoy :-)
OK, perhaps this is obvious to Windows users who know what the registry
is all about. As a Mac user for which the file ~/.bitpim does not yet
exist, what exactly do I put in there when I create it? I tried a
single line: "console=1" and that had no obvious effect.

Vic
Roger Binns
2004-11-21 17:00:29 UTC
Post by Vic Heintz
is all about. As a Mac user for which the file ~/.bitpim does not yet
exist, what exactly do I put in there when I create it? I tried a
single line: "console=1" and that had no obvious effect.
The file is created whenever you run BitPim. For the Mac it may be
buried below your preferences folder or something to that effect.

This is what it should look something like:

path=/home/rogerb/.bitpim-files
console=1
lgvx4400port=auto
phonetype=LG-VX7000
viewnotebookpage=Log
firstrun=0
viewlogdata=0
viewfilesystem=1
combrowsesash=200
[bitfling]
enabled=0
[windows]
[windows/ConfigDialog]
x=341
y=402
width=585
height=231
[windows/PhoneImportMergeDialog]
x=28
y=52
width=1173
height=859
[windows/MainWin]
x=98
y=123
width=1124
height=767
[windows/CommDialog]
x=256
y=205
width=768
height=614

<Snipped>

Roger
Adit Panchal
2004-11-21 17:54:20 UTC
I like this. So once the new sqlite db is in place, we should be able
to execute our own queries right from the console, not to mention
whatever else you want to change or inspect?

The path on Macs for the prefs file is "~/Preferences/bitpim
Preferences"
Change it and it works fine.

Thanks for the great feature. :)

Adit
Roger Binns
2004-11-21 19:35:49 UTC
Post by Adit Panchal
I like this. So once the new sqlite db is in place, we should be able
to execute our own queries right from the console, not to mention
whatever else you want to change or inspect?
That is correct. The only problem I have discovered so far is
what happens if you use the debugger. I end up with the (pdb)
prompt inside the gui console, and the pdb output on the terminal
I started BitPim from. Somewhat freaky.

BTW you can also use this for other things such as dynamically
modifying code.

Roger

Vic Heintz
2004-11-21 19:29:54 UTC
Post by Adit Panchal
The path on Macs for the prefs file is "~/Preferences/bitpim
Preferences"
Change it and it works fine.
Thanks. Actually you meant "~/Library/Preferences/bitpim Preferences"
but yes the feature does work now.

Vic