[Bitpim-devel] no notebook tabs shown
Alan Gonzalez
2003-10-01 23:12:14 UTC
Just to let you know I've been trying to track down why i'm not getting the
notebook tabs. It's still happening with current cvs. It's hard to figure out
how things were before and how they are now. But I'll keep trying. It might
help if you tried to start up bitpim without any prior index files preset to
see what i'm talking about.

Alan

http://shopping.yahoo.com
Roger Binns
2003-10-01 23:55:54 UTC
Post by Alan Gonzalez
Just to let you know I've been trying to track down why i'm not getting the
notebook tabs.
Ok, I thought Scott was going nuts when he mentioned it. Not having
the key in the config (registry on Windows) is what causes this.

I am working on fixing it now.

Roger
Alan Gonzalez

http://shopping.yahoo.com
Roger Binns
2003-10-02 01:48:21 UTC
Post by Alan Gonzalez
post a patch if you find the fix.
Bizarrely, it is caused by some deep interactions in wxWindows.

I did however find a workaround. In your registry, add a
key below HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BitPim as a DWORD named
splashscreentime, and set it zero (the default).

The added bonus is you won't have to sit through the splash
screen everytime bitpim starts.

Roger
Alan Gonzalez
http://shopping.yahoo.com
Roger Binns
2003-10-02 04:10:51 UTC
Post by Alan Gonzalez
bingo, that did it. nice debugging.
Needless to say I have splashscreen always turned off
except for release testing. (There is actually an
artificial delay when using the splash screen otherwise
it would disappear too quickly for you to even see what
was on it.)

So for some bizarre reason if I made the main window
visible and then added the notebook (the tabbed stuff),
it would work if no other top level windows had been
shown, but not if they had (which is what the splash
screen is).

Anyway I have now fixed it by making the window visible
at the very end of the constructor. The fix is in CVS.