[BitPim-devel] Get Info Feature and LG 6100?
John O'Shaughnessy
2005-04-04 02:54:12 UTC
Is Get Info expected to work across phone types yet?

In case you are collecting info, it crashes on the LG VX-6100 and also
requires a phone reboot before BitPim can successfully communicate with the
phone. Error messages attached.
John O'Shaughnessy
d***@netzero.com
2005-04-04 03:47:39 UTC
Post by John O'Shaughnessy
Is Get Info expected to work across phone types yet?
I think it may have been my fault for picking the name 'getphoneinfo' for the new Phone Info Dialog. I did not realize that these routines already exist in com_lg and com_sanyo and are not fully compatible with the Phone Info Dialog. I'll change the new method name from getphoneinfo to get_phone_info to avoid problems.

Speed up your surfing with NetZero HiSpeed.
Now includes pop-up blocker!
Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.netzero.com/surf to sign up today!
Stephen Wood
2005-04-04 12:57:15 UTC
Post by d***@netzero.com
Post by John O'Shaughnessy
Is Get Info expected to work across phone types yet?
I think it may have been my fault for picking the name 'getphoneinfo' for the new Phone Info Dialog. I did not realize that these routines already exist in com_lg and com_sanyo and are not fully compatible with the Phone Info Dialog. I'll change the new method name from getphoneinfo to get_phone_info to avoid problems.
It would be equally acceptable to rename or remove getphoneinfo from
com_lg and com_sanyo. I think it is just some legacy test routine in
com_lg and it's in com_sanyo because I plagarized.

Stephen
Roger Binns
2005-04-04 15:40:20 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
It would be equally acceptable to rename or remove getphoneinfo from
com_lg and com_sanyo.
It can definitely be removed from com_lg.
Post by Stephen Wood
I think it is just some legacy test routine in
com_lg
Actually it was originally intended for getting phone info just
as Joe is implementing. Ultimately it didn't work however and
wasn't used any more.

I would much rather it is removed in favour of the new routines
rather than have very similarly named functions doing confusing
overlapping things. (We always have CVS if anyone wants to see
old code).

Roger
d***@netzero.com
2005-04-04 16:32:17 UTC
I would much rather it is removed in favour of the new routines
I'll take care of the changes.