[BitPim-devel] source rpms?
Andrew Piskorski
2005-04-08 04:06:34 UTC
Where can I find the BitPim source rpms? If they are not already
available for download, could you folks make them so please?

I'd like the source rpm so I can rebuild it for some old Red Hat 7.3
machines. The existing binary rpm does not work at all there, as it
needs glibc 2.3, and Red Hat 7.3 only has 2.2.5.
--
Andrew Piskorski <***@piskorski.com>
http://www.piskorski.com/
Roger Binns
2005-04-08 05:02:25 UTC
Post by Andrew Piskorski
Where can I find the BitPim source rpms?
You can't as they don't actually exist.

Follow the instructions on http://bitpim.org/developer.html to
get a working tree. If you just want to keep up to date with
development then just run from source and use the cvs head.
If you want to match an actual release, then do the CVS checkout
with a version tag. Eg the most recent tag was BITPIM_0_7_30

If you run from source then several components are optional
as mentioned in that page.

If you want a binary, then you must have all the components
present as well as cx-freeze which turns the source into a
binary. Run makedist.py and it will produce the frozen binary,
make a tarball and transmogrify the tarball into an rpm.