[Bitpim-devel] running from source: need a clue
Mike Young
2004-10-22 16:37:38 UTC
For those of you accustomed to running bitpim from sources, I'd like to
buy a clue if I might. Under WinXP, I have installed python 2.3.4, and
wxPython 2.5.2.8 for python 2.3, and used Wincvs to copy over the source
tree. So far, so good. I fire up a DOS window to start bitpim, and
here's what I see:

C:\Program Files\Python>python ..\..\bitpim\bp.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "..\..\bitpim\bp.py", line 75, in ?
import gui
File "C:\bitpim\gui.py", line 35, in ?
import importexport
File "C:\bitpim\importexport.py", line 25, in ?
import DSV
ImportError: No module named DSV

So what have I forgotten to do? I see no "DSV" anywhere in the sources...

thanks for your patience....

--Mike
Mike Simos
2004-10-22 17:00:04 UTC
You need to go to this page and follow the instructions:

http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/developer.html

You are missing Python-DSV and probably some other modules too.

Mike