[BitPim-devel] Exception in BitPim 1.0.6 and 1.0.7.20081215
MBR
2009-02-03 01:19:45 UTC
I just encountered an exception when trying to fetch the phonebook from
an LG VX-5400 using BitPim 1.0.6. I installed BitPim 1.0.7.20081215
over the previous version and again encountered the same exception.
I've compared the stack traces and they seem to be identical except for
the hex addresses of the objects.

I suspect the following information is unlikely to be relevant, but I'm
including it just in case:

OS: Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 2
Connection via Bluetooth

I'm not set up to debug BitPim at the moment, and I haven't yet learned
Python. But if there are specific tests you want me to run with this
phone, just send me instructions and I'll be happy to do what I can.

Mark Rosenthal
***@arlsoft.com <mailto:***@arlsoft.com>
MBR
2009-02-08 20:50:01 UTC
About a week ago I submitted stack traces of a crash in BitPim. Since
then, there's been no indication that anyone's received what I sent.

I do understand that everyone here is a volunteer. And I most certainly
don't want to replicate the behavior of the sort of people described at
http://www.bitpim.org/help "No support on bitpim-user", where it
describes the offensive behavior of the people who became the reason
nobody's willing to even try to help with serial port issues any more.

Nevertheless, having submitted stack traces and received no
acknowledgement that anyone got them has the feeling of sending them
into a black hole. I'd be satisfied, even if the response was something
like, "We got your bug report, but we don't have anyone available to
look at it, and we have no idea whether or when we ever will." Of
course, I'd be even happier if someone familiar with the code were
actually available to look at the crash.

Mark Rosenthal