[BitPim-devel] VZW LG VX7000 'lying about ... phonebook'
Greg Ingram
2005-09-30 15:32:46 UTC
Gentlemen,

With BitPim 0.7.37 reading data from my VX7000 I get this message:

10:24:52.643 LG-VX7000: The phone is lying about how many entries are in
the phonebook so we are doing it the hard way

It then reads entries 0-51, but there are more entries on the phone. Any
suggestions?

Regards,

- Greg
Roger Binns
2005-09-30 16:00:42 UTC
Post by Greg Ingram
It then reads entries 0-51, but there are more entries on the phone. Any
suggestions?
When it is done 'the hard way', entries are read one by one until
one is seen twice (the phonebook "cursor" has wrapped around).

Either that logic is buggy or your phonebook is corrupt with two
entries having the same serial number. I don't see any issues
with the code (which has been there for a long time).

Have you used any other software to sync your phone?

Roger
Greg Ingram
2005-09-30 16:57:57 UTC
Post by Greg Ingram
It then reads entries 0-51, but there are more entries on the phone. Any
suggestions?
When it is done 'the hard way', entries are read one by one until
one is seen twice (the phonebook "cursor" has wrapped around).
Either that logic is buggy or your phonebook is corrupt with two
entries having the same serial number. I don't see any issues
with the code (which has been there for a long time).
Have you used any other software to sync your phone?
No, but when I bought the phone a Verizon tech copied the phonebook from
my old phone. That might count. I have used several versions of BitPim
(all 0.7.x) on both Linux (Debian) and Windows (XP and ME). I tried on OS
X as well, but I don't think I have the right drivers for my cable.

I guess I'll see about cobbling up a build system to hack at it some.
Other suggestions welcome.

- Greg