[Bitpim-devel] LG VX4500
Roger Binns
2004-02-09 01:26:55 UTC
Are there any people on this list who have the VX4500?

In particular I would appreciate anyone who can work from the source
code - start at http://bitpim.sf.net/developer.html

I now have a root filesystem backup from one and have the following
observations:

- It looks like only standard wallpaper and ringtones are supported
(ie no mms). If you have one of these phones and can send/receive
MMS messages, please do so so we can figure out where index files
and data goes.

- I guess the calendar is in the same format. Please read it into
BitPim and report success/failure

- I need a list of the builtin images and wallpapers in order. This is
what they are for the VX6000 to give you an idea

builtinimages= ('Beach Ball', 'Towerbridge', 'Sunflower', 'Beach',
'Fish', 'Sea', 'Snowman')

builtinringtones= ('Ring 1', 'Ring 2', 'Ring 3', 'Ring 4', 'Ring 5', 'Ring 6',
'Annen Polka', 'Leichte Kavallerie Overture',
'Beethoven Symphony No. 9', 'Paganini', 'Bubble', 'Fugue',
'Polka', 'Mozart Symphony No. 40', 'Cuckoo Waltz', 'Rodetzky',
'Funicula', 'Hallelujah', 'Trumpets', 'Trepak', 'Prelude', 'Mozart Aria',
'William Tell overture', 'Spring', 'Slavonic', 'Fantasy')

- There is an OWS directory whose purpose I haven't looked into too
deeply

Once someone is working from source I will add my first pass guess as to what
will work. Someone will need to check it out and report feedback.

Roger
George Grippo
2004-02-09 12:13:25 UTC
Roger,

I have a 4500. If you would give me instructions on how to use the
development app i would be happy to test

George

http://www.eclipsecon.org/osdn
Roger Binns
2004-02-09 12:37:51 UTC
Post by George Grippo
I have a 4500. If you would give me instructions on how to use the
development app i would be happy to test
Follow the previous message:

Roger
George Grippo
2004-02-10 02:06:45 UTC

I have loaded all the python apps but I'm still not clear on what to get
from cvs

Roger Binns
2004-02-10 04:37:48 UTC
Post by George Grippo
I have loaded all the python apps but I'm still not clear on what to get
from cvs
You need to use the anonymous CVS and the module name is bitpim.

Details at http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=75211

You appear to be a Windows user, and may find TortoiseCVS a fairly
easy to use pointy clicky program. Download and install it.

Create a directory named c:\projects and navigate into it.
Right click and choose CVS checkout
Set CVSROOT to :pserver:***@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/bitpim
Set module to bitpim
Hit Ok.

You should then see the code checking out. The various files should
end up under c:\projects\bitpim

After I make some changes, I will tell you to do an update. To do
that right click on or in the bitpim directory, and choose CVS update.

(You may see the following message in the various status windows that
TortoiseCVS puts up - Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password
You can ignore it).

Some other suggestions. Add c:\python23 to your PATH environment variable and
add .py to your PATHEXT environment variable. The latter allows you to type
the name of a python file (without the .py extension even) and it will be invoked.

Once you have the code, try running bp.py (one of the following will work):

bp * if you set .py in PATHEXT
python bp.py * if you have c:\python23 in your path
c:\python23\python bp.py * if you didn't alter any environment variables

Roger

George Grippo
2004-02-10 02:33:28 UTC

I have loaded all the python apps as instructed but I'm still unclear as to
how to get and run the source code

I have read the instructions several times and its beyond me

Also I have loaded ringtones to the 4500 and used picturethis to get images
to the phone

I will try to get you a new backup shortly

I can tell you that the ringtones loaded in the usr/sounds/ringtones