[BitPim-devel] Samsung SCH-A990
Michael Caldwell
2007-10-16 01:17:04 UTC

I have an a990 and haven't found decent pc sync support for it, so I thought
I'd try my hand at implementing support for it in bitpim.

Before I duplicate effort is anyone else working on a990 support?

I have everything installed and am able to run bitpim from the source from
the console.

I see that the a930 is a subclass(?) of a950. I also see that video(FLIX) is
added in the a930 which the a990 has, so do I subclass(?) the a930 for the
a990?

I've browsed the file system on the a990 and I see how some things are
arranged.

I've tried manually setting bitpim to a930 and transferring from the handset
and get an exception with a stack trace.

Well, that's as far as I've gotten today.

Any tips on how/where to begin implementing support for the a990?

Thanks,

Michael
Michael Caldwell
2007-10-17 16:14:41 UTC

I can successfully detect the phone. I can read the call log, but before I
could do that I had to get the video directory correct, so now I can
download videos too.

I noticed the helpids are auto generated, was wondering how to do that, not
important right now, using a930 helpids.

More importantly, how do I generate a .py file from a .p file? Right now I'm
editing both.

Thanks,

Michael
Joe Pham
2007-10-19 02:10:23 UTC
Post by Michael Caldwell
I noticed the helpids are auto generated, was wondering how to do
that, not important right now, using a930 helpids.
now I�m editing both.
Michael Caldwell
2007-10-19 16:26:04 UTC

I've made all the obvious changes, i.e. paths, built-ins, etc. I copied the
image origins and ringtone origins from lgvx9900 to support the micro sd
card. Trying to get the picture index is failing (unterminated buffer) and
preventing any further testing. Here are my questions in no particular
order:

What is PIC_PATH2?

Should I steal support for ringtonelocations and wallpaperlocations from
com_lg?

I'm looking at the .p file, can you explain the PACKETs or tell me where to
get more info?

The a990 has .alb files, but they only contain the name of the album and the
album path, there may be some more information about the pictures, but no
picture name or picture path like the .p file describes.

You can create user albums, is there support for this in another phone that
you can point me to?

The items in the tree under media are messed up since I added the additional
support for (sd), is there a way to sort or order them correctly?

Thanks,

Michael

P.S. Do you want to take this offline?