[BitPim-devel] Call history feature request
Simon C
2005-08-21 20:31:18 UTC
If the phonebook entry is 888-555-1212 and the number in the phone's call
log is 1-888-555-1212 the call history view will not match it to the phone
book entry. Can we modify the matching algorithm to ignore the '1' whether
it be in the phone book or the call history so that the match can be made?

Can we add call duration to the call history view (for incoming and outgoing
calls)

Simon
Joe Pham
2005-08-22 01:23:34 UTC
Post by Simon C
Can we modify the matching algorithm to ignore the '1' whether
it be in the phone book or the call history so that the match can be >made?
A reasonable suggestion. In the mean time, you can get around the phonebook lookup done by BitPim by setting the contact name provided by the phone.

NetZero Is Giving Away $3,000 A Day!
Sign up for NetZero HiSpeed 3G with Instant On!
Visit http://www.netzero.com/3Gsweeps TODAY for your chance to win!
Joe Pham
2005-08-22 01:26:56 UTC
Post by Simon C
Can we add call duration to the call history view (for incoming and
outgoing calls)
Yes, but we need to prioritize all of these things we want to do. My suggestion is:

1. SMS
2. Phone Detection
3. Call History

Simon C
2005-08-22 03:51:56 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Yes, but we need to prioritize all of these things we want to
1. SMS
2. Phone Detection
3. Call History
Do you have an idea of what you want to get done for a build this week? It
might be worth setting some goals and getting the code solid before the
release and then planning the next set of tasks for the following build, it
seems like there is a lot of new stuff already available that users would
like now.
For the 8100 I would like to get what I have completed committed, this
includes the autodetect, phone info, memo and some cleanup/big fixes I have
done while testing over the last two days. I will send you code for these
changes in a day or so.

After the build...
I have a vx4400 and have access to a vx6100 so I can work on
testing/developing on these as well as the 8100.

SMS. I have looked at the file system on the 4400 and the 6100 and they are
very close to the 8100. They are different from the 4650 which looks like it
contains plain text rather than the 7-bit ascii. Moving the common code into
the 4400 would be a task for someone to do, I'd be happy to work on this if
you like.

I got phone detection working on the 6100 (&8100) using your scheme for the
4650, not sure if you want to check this in for the build or not. The 4400
does not have a brew/version.txt.
I got a bluetooth adapter and managed to connect to the 8100 using it.
Autodetect does not work because the port scan does not report the bluetooth
ports as "likely" ports. It fails at the comscan "open(usename,
"rw").close()", line 293, reporting the device is not found although
"c=commport.CommConnection(None, name, timeout=3)" does work for the BT com
ports, so they are there, and if you manually set the phone settings bitpim
can access the phone fine. The com devices reported are identifiable as
bluetooth, so maybe we could add a new detectBTphone function for bluetooth
capable phones so as not to interfere with the existing detection code. I do
not want to do any work here without getting your OK on the approach.

call history. I had a look at the call history in the 4400, 6100 and
compared it against the 4650 and the 8100 and they are virtually identical,
only the packet needs changing, so we could probably move the code for this
into the 4400 class so that it is shared. This would be a task for someone.

Anyway if you could give me some thngs to work on I can help get some of
these things done. I think I am done with pure 8100 work at the moment.

Simon