[BitPim-devel] Help updated
Roger Binns
2006-01-08 10:27:58 UTC
I've abstracted out the code to convert the help into
the web help (you get the nice tree view etc). The
web site has been updated. I also made the /help/
URL path be the new help as well. No one figured out
the mod_rewrite stuff so I figure just having the
content in both /testhelp/ and /help/ will work
fine.
Stephen Wood
2006-01-08 23:13:51 UTC
The double bonus is that those helpids are well and
truly removed from the source of the help pages we
author!
Roger:

Do we still need to request that you add or remove help nodes or images?

Stephen
Roger Binns
2006-01-09 00:31:21 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
Do we still need to request that you add or remove help nodes or images?
Yes. They need to be added using the HelpBlocks tool which uses its own
proprietary .wxh file. The other files are generated from that by Help Blocks.

Roger
Simon C
2006-01-08 23:58:29 UTC
I need to add help for the vm4050. I've checked in the htd files and a jpg.

Looking at the existing code I need to add the vm4050 to the following
files:
bitpim.hhc
bitpim.hhp
bitpim.wxh
phones.htd

Is this the correct way to do this?

Simon
Joe Pham
2006-01-09 00:32:09 UTC
Post by Simon C
I need to add help for the vm4050. I've checked in the htd files and
a jpg.
I'll update the Help project for these additions.

Call Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere in the World - FREE!
Free Internet calling from NetZero Voice
Visit http://www.netzerovoice.com today!
Joe Pham
2006-01-09 00:41:36 UTC
As a bonus, it is now very easy for any project that uses Help
Blocks/wxWidgets help to convert it for web use.
Sounds good. Is the hb2web module something you coded or an open-source module, and is it available in CVS?

Roger Binns
2006-01-09 02:37:46 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Is the hb2web module something you coded or an open-source module,
It is mostly new code, with some of the existing code from the
BitPim help builder (the latter was all my original code as well).
I put it under the same license as APSW which is a BSD flavour.
The Javascript tree etc are under their own license as from their
original author.
Post by Joe Pham
and is it available in CVS?
Yes, the module name is hb2web.
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/bitpim/hb2web/

I've still got to package it up us a binary.