[Bitpim-devel] Bitpim lists-Setting
P***@aol.com
2003-05-07 03:47:38 UTC
Everytime I try to send info to my phone, I have to change the data settings.
I have to go through all of them til one finally works! Whats wrong?
Roger Binns
2003-05-07 05:05:19 UTC
Post by P***@aol.com
Everytime I try to send info to my phone, I have to change the data settings.
I have to go through all of them til one finally works! Whats wrong?
What setting are you specifically referring to?

Roger
P***@aol.com
2003-05-08 00:56:03 UTC
On the phone, data settings.
Roger Binns
2003-05-08 03:17:07 UTC
Post by P***@aol.com
On the phone, data settings.
The phone changes the port setting to 'closed' the moment any program
talks to it. That doesn't matter as the phone still speaks fine
on the port.

The only exception is if you request version information, in which
case the port must be set to RS232.

Roger
P***@aol.com
2003-05-08 03:23:59 UTC
No, see, the program tells me an error and tells me its on the wrong one, and
tells me where to go to change it.
Roger Binns
2003-05-08 04:26:50 UTC
Post by P***@aol.com
No, see, the program tells me an error and tells me its on the wrong one, and
tells me where to go to change it.
You need to be far more precise in your messages. I can't really help when
you gave very vague general summaries.

Roger
P***@aol.com
2003-05-08 04:29:27 UTC
Its not vague, It says just that "the data settings on your phone are wrong.
Go to menu 8, 2, 6 to change it. They are usually on rs-com32 port. Also make
sure your cable is plugged on COM5."
Tom Tracey
2003-05-08 04:45:19 UTC
Not to jump in here, but the problems you are having would probably be better answered in one of the Yahoo! support groups instead of the BitPim Developers forum. I would recommend either the Yahoo LG_VX4400 or vx4400support group. You can access either of them via Yahoo!. This