[Bitpim-devel] Updates
Roger Binns
2003-11-29 00:37:13 UTC
I have spent the last few days learning more about USB than
I ever wanted to. The good news out of all this is that I
am now able to talk to the phone using the straight USB cable
on both Windows and Linux. It would also work on a Mac as
the library I use is cross platform, but I don't actually
have a Mac to test with.

On Windows, it bypasses the broken FutureDial driver. On
Linux and Mac no driver is needed.

I haven't done a complete test or hooked in lots of code.
My current plan is to finish the code for editing a phonebook
entry (all new in 0.7) and release a test of 0.7 which
has the new phonebook viewer, editor and import code.
After that I will return back to USB issues.

Roger
mrmailer
2003-11-29 07:56:47 UTC
great, know of any progress for sanyo 4900?:)

2003-11-29 08:06:24 UTC
Post by mrmailer
great, know of any progress for sanyo 4900?:)
Stephen works on the specifics of those phones. It
does however depend on the main phonebook etc code.
With the current dev version you can't even edit
an entry :-)

Roger
Stephen Wood
2003-11-29 21:52:22 UTC
The next release of Bitpim will include support for reading and writing
the Sanyo 4900/8100 phonebook. It may also contain some support for the
calendar. (At least reading the calendar from the phone.).

Steve