[BitPim-devel] LG enV VX9900 Contact Picture Problems
Anthony Scopatz
2008-04-20 01:46:15 UTC

So I am having this problem with BitPim-1.0.5 and my LG enV VX9900.

Basically, I can associate or edit a picture association with one of my
contact with BitPim. However, when I resend this data back to the phone
using bitpim, the association doesn't take on the phone. It does nothing.

In other words, I can set a picture to be displayed with one of my contacts
using the GUI on my computer. However, this data is not transfered
correctly. I get no error messages.

I am willing to work with you all. What information do you need from me? I
have tried for hours, days even to figure out what is going on here and I
just can't seem to get it to work.

Be Well
Anthony
Joe Pham
2008-04-23 01:19:08 UTC
Post by Anthony Scopatz
In other words, I can set a picture to be displayed with one of my
contacts using the GUI on my computer. However, this data is not
transfered correctly
Sounds like a classic BitPim bug with LG phones. Once I implement the User Script feature, you can help more with the debug.

Want more money in your pocket? Click to consolidate student loans.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2211/fc/Ioyw6ijmMpTpPL1YeiFszGBHwFMWYAegzsIGrJRuKZ1gf3SPbU6qAM/
Anthony Scopatz
2008-04-23 04:15:05 UTC
Hi Joe,

Alright, awesome. I have thought about doing raw edits to the
/pim/pbPictureIdSetAsPath.dat file. But this only may/may not work and
could only solve my problems. If a more elegant tool is on the way I am
willing to wait, and of course help out in any way I can. If you need me or
my phone, just lemme know. Thanks again.

Be Well
Anthony