[BitPim-devel] New Artwork
Adit Panchal
2005-02-28 06:33:45 UTC
I just finished my finals so I had a bit of time to complete the
artwork that I had been working on. I implemented (as suggested by
Roger) by overriding the wx.ArtProvider function. Attached is my diff
to enable the artwork as well as a zip file (renamed to .zio) of the
artwork. The artwork should go into the resources folder.

Thanks,

Adit
Roger Binns
2005-02-28 09:47:39 UTC
Post by Adit Panchal
Attached is my diff
to enable the artwork as well as a zip file (renamed to .zio) of the
artwork. The artwork should go into the resources folder.
I have committed the artwork.

For the code, I figured out how to change the bitmap without deleting and
recreating the controls. On further testing that method only worked on
Windows. I'll try and track down how to do it on Linux and Mac. (It
looks like wxWidgets 2.5.3 may work on Mac).

Roger
Adit Panchal
2005-02-28 14:46:22 UTC
I have committed the artwork.
Thank you.
Post by Roger Binns
For the code, I figured out how to change the bitmap without deleting and
recreating the controls. On further testing that method only worked on
Windows. I'll try and track down how to do it on Linux and Mac. (It
looks like wxWidgets 2.5.3 may work on Mac).
I saw how you did it and the dict method looks very elegant. I was
unaware of the SetNormalBitmap function. It wasn't listed in the
wxWidgets 2.5.4 or 2.5.x documentation (or at least not in the toolbar
class). Where did you find it?

I also had in my diff that the tooltip and status bar would change to
reflect the current add/delete mode (i.e. "Add Ringer" instead of just
"Add"). Would it be worth it to put it in there? Maybe it is just
obvious enough from the toolbar images.

Adit
Roger Binns
2005-02-28 16:29:00 UTC
Post by Adit Panchal
I saw how you did it and the dict method looks very elegant. I was
unaware of the SetNormalBitmap function. It wasn't listed in the
wxWidgets 2.5.4 or 2.5.x documentation (or at least not in the toolbar
class). Where did you find it?
The ToolBarTool class isn't documented. I just used dir() on the
object to see what was there. I also looked at the C source code.
Post by Adit Panchal
I also had in my diff that the tooltip and status bar would change to
reflect the current add/delete mode (i.e. "Add Ringer" instead of just
"Add"). Would it be worth it to put it in there? Maybe it is just
obvious enough from the toolbar images.
Once I can get the images to actually change on Linux and Mac,
then changing the tooltips uses the same mechanism.