[BitPim-devel] Do you need help with supporting LG LX-550 (Fusic)?
Marty Gubar
2006-07-01 01:28:45 UTC
I picked up the Fusic yesterday - was hoping to use bitpim with it. What info can I send you to help you support the phone? Phone's directory structure? Database files (*.dat in pim dir) that they ship?

bitpim easily recognized the phone on COM5, could read the directory structure and copy files from the phone to my pc. I'm hoping that supporting the phone will be straight-forward....

Thanks.
Marty
Simon C
2006-07-01 03:02:26 UTC
Post by Marty Gubar
I picked up the Fusic yesterday - was hoping to use bitpim
with it. What info can I send you to help you support the
phone? Phone's directory structure? Database files (*.dat
in pim dir) that they ship?
It might be straight forward if similar to an existing phone.
I'll take a look, send the filesystem to me directly once you have loaded
the phone up with calendar events, a few ringers/pictures/sms/memos etc.

SImon
Mike Hodson
2006-07-12 09:59:41 UTC
Post by Simon C
It might be straight forward if similar to an existing phone.
I'll take a look, send the filesystem to me directly once you have loaded
the phone up with calendar events, a few ringers/pictures/sms/memos etc.
SImon
Has anything come of this? I have a Fusic I would love to test out
with both USB and Bluetooth, on winXP sp2 and linux. Please let me
know how this is coming along :)

mike
David P. Zimmerman
2006-07-13 01:07:36 UTC
Mike,

I have a LX350 and I have hopes the LX350 and the LX550 have similar
profiles. I have sent a file system dump to the developers but I do not
have any downloaded ringers or wallpapers on my phone due to my using
sprint PCS but not subscribing to the vision plan. If your fusic has
some downloaded ringers and wallpapers it would probably be a big help
to give the developers a dump of your file system.

I found a USB cable for my LX350 on EBay for cheap. Scanning LG's
website I see the same cable used on my LX350 is used on the Fusic. The
cable was only $5.00 plus about the same for shipping. The seller is
still offering that cable for that price. On my LX350 I can do Vcard
bluetooth transfers but it does not support ringers or wallpapers via
bluetooth.

I used bitpim under linux to get the file system dump. I also can use
bitpim to pull pictures off the phone by copying the jpg files from the
phones file system to the PC. That makes the camera phone capabilities
of the LX350 more useful to me.

dzimmerm
Mike Hodson
2006-09-10 08:31:25 UTC
Sorry to rehash a somewhat old thread, but has any devel work come of
the LX-550 Fusic LG phone? I just figured out the problem I was
having extracting my contacts from my old Toshiba Vm4050 and would
love to be able to send them to my fusic.

Brief description of the problems I had with the 4050: there are 2 new
fields in the phone which dont exist in most other phones, "Hospital"
and "Restaurant" and somehow my last attempt at
san8100>bitpim>(hugecomplexVCARD/outlookprocess)>SnapSync>4050 made
some contacts into "hospital" icon rather than "uncategorized", and
this was throwing bitpim..changed icons to "phone"(uncategorized) and
it imported 175 contacts without a hitch.
Why one might ask, did I not just do san8100>SnapSync>vm4050, well, i
no longer had that handset. I sold it to a friend. :)

If a filesystem download is needed, can someone please tell me what I
need to send, I have ringers, pictures, calendar entries, sms
messages, the lot.

Thanks!
Joe Pham
2006-09-13 03:49:21 UTC
but has any devel work come of the LX-550 Fusic LG phone?
Not that I know of, since we don't have access to one.

PrivatePhone - FREE telephone number & voicemail.
A number so private, you can make it public.
http://www.privatephone.com
Mike Hodson
2006-09-13 22:49:54 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
but has any devel work come of the LX-550 Fusic LG phone?
Not that I know of, since we don't have access to one.
-Joe Pham
I do.. What would you need from it? I can view the entire filesystem
in either bitpim or QPST and get files off of it. I would be more than
happy to test (to utter excess, i'm really wanting this) with my phone
and see if we can't get something working :)

As for programming, I can do a reasonable job with PHP and some things
with C but python so far has not been something I've dealt with. I
sadly therefore can't really come up with code for it, but would be
glad to do whatever I can.

Mike
Joe Pham
2006-09-14 21:38:02 UTC
What model is the closest cousin to the Fusic?

http://www.privatephone.com
Mike Hodson
2006-09-14 23:42:18 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
What model is the closest cousin to the Fusic?
-Joe Pham
I would guess that the lx-350 may be similar, being the same carrier
and what appears to be the same OS. However, I can't tell for sure
without comparing what I find with other models. And I personally
don't have those other models to play with.

One thing of note, when I tried setting bitpim to a pm-325 and tried
reading the phone book, the phone refuses to let /nvm/$SYS.ESN to be
read. the entire /nvm/ dir is unreadable. Everything else seems to be
fine.

Also, I am running the Linux version of bitpim, and am noticing that I
am required to be root to access the extra libusb-driven ports of the
phone (/dev/ttyACM0 works for modem, but won't go into BREW mode ) Is
there any way to fix a permission issue (where would I even look?) or
is this something I truly ned to be root for? For the "com port"
after autodetecting, I see: usb::002::016::2 As my normal user of
'mike' i am only able to see the ttyACM0 port, with both of the 2
direct usb interfaces being listed under "ports not available"

Mike
Stephen Wood
2006-09-15 01:51:29 UTC
Post by Mike Hodson
Also, I am running the Linux version of bitpim, and am noticing that I
am required to be root to access the extra libusb-driven ports of the
phone (/dev/ttyACM0 works for modem, but won't go into BREW mode ) Is
there any way to fix a permission issue (where would I even look?) ...
I can't get through to the bitpim site right now to give you the exact
URL's, put the help pages (in BitPim or online) with the names
"howto-linuxusb" and "trouble-linux-issues" discuss device permissions.

Stephen
Joe Pham
2006-09-19 19:37:06 UTC
Post by Mike Hodson
I would guess that the lx-350 may be similar
I meant what phone model currently supported by BitPim. BitPim does
not support the LX 350.

http://www.privatephone.com
Mike Hodson
2006-09-20 03:12:12 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Post by Mike Hodson
I would guess that the lx-350 may be similar
I meant what phone model currently supported by BitPim. BitPim does
not support the LX 350.
-Joe Pham
The closest atleast in terms of release date is a pm-225. I should
bring my laptop with me to work, and compare/contrast the filesystems
of those phones (i work for Radioshack)

I'll report my results tomorrow :)

Mike