[Bitpim-devel] Re: BitPim 0.7.24 now available (development release)
Roger Binns
2005-01-07 17:00:40 UTC
Getting entries from the phone still works and they appear as before in
the calendar view but double-clicking on a date now causes just an
alert sound. Also the "+" and "X" icons are grayed out. So I can't even
see this "improved user interface". I even tried CTRL-clicking a date
thinking it might be a right-click thing but no menu pops up. The dates
CAN be selected because a single-click will highlight it but that is
about all.
Double clicking anywhere in a calendar cell which represents one day
brings up the editor. It should look like the attached screenshot.
There is no difference based on how you click.

The graying out and beeping etc are because the dialog is modal.

Now if Apple would actually start selling the $500 machine *without*
a monitor, I'll be first in line to get one and be able to detect
and fix this stuff earlier.

Roger
Vic Heintz
2005-01-07 20:27:03 UTC
Double clicking anywhere in a calendar cell which represents one day
brings up the editor.
Wish it did. That's what I expected should happen.
Post by Roger Binns
It should look like the attached screenshot.
There is no difference based on how you click.
The graying out and beeping etc are because the dialog is modal.
I saw the dialog window in the Windows version. (This is two days in a
row I have turned on my Win2K box!) I would be curious if it is only on
Jaguar that the window won't come up or if Panther has the same
problem. It is not a big deal for me personally since the previous
calendar entry editor was essentially unusable in Jaguar anyway but it
probably should be fixed for the next release.

Vic
Steven Palm
2005-01-07 22:14:46 UTC
Post by Vic Heintz
Post by Roger Binns
Double clicking anywhere in a calendar cell which represents one day
brings up the editor.
Wish it did. That's what I expected should happen.
I would be curious if it is only on Jaguar that the window won't come
up or if Panther has the same problem.
I opened the calendar pane and clicked everywhere I could click (well,
within reason, I didn't hit every pixel) inside a calendar day cell and
I couldn't get anything to pop up anywhere.

Steve
Steven Palm
2005-01-07 22:16:37 UTC
Post by Vic Heintz
Post by Roger Binns
Double clicking anywhere in a calendar cell which represents one day
brings up the editor.
Wish it did. That's what I expected should happen.
Even worse, on my system at least the + and X toolbar items are
disabled, so I guess there's no way to add a calendar entry. :-( Not
that I've added one, or I would have noticed this earlier...
Vic Heintz
2005-01-07 21:55:25 UTC
Double clicking anywhere in a calendar cell which represents one day
brings up the editor.
In an effort to debug this I added print statements as shown inside
ofcalendarcontrol.py:

def OnLeftDClick(self,event):
print "Double-click"
cell=event.GetEventObject()
print cell.year, "/", cell.month, "/", cell.day
self.OnEdit(cell.year, cell.month, cell.day)
print "Got here"

and get this output (along with a couple of "beeps") when I
double-click on a date:

Double-click
2005 / 1 / 10
Got here

What is self.OnEdit supposed to do because it is clearly not getting to
the following routine?:

def OnEdit(self, year, month, day):
"""The user wishes to edit the entries for the specified date

B{You should implement this method in a derived class}
"""
print "The user wants to edit %04d-%02d-%02d" % (year,month,day)

What is supposed to launch the Calendar Entry Editor?

Vic
Roger Binns
2005-01-08 02:57:20 UTC
Post by Vic Heintz
What is self.OnEdit supposed to do because it is clearly not getting to
The calendarcontrol.py file is a generic calendar control. There is nothing
BitPimish about it. The file will run as a demo by itself.

bpcalendar.py then contains code that inherits from that and does the
necessary BitPim work.