[BitPim-devel] LG Versa
Nathan Hjelm
2009-02-27 20:30:20 UTC
I am thinking about picking up an LG Versa on Sunday to start working on support. To avoid duplicate efforts I want to know if anyone else (bitpim developer) already has one to play with or is planning on purchasing one? If not I should have support ready by the end of the weekend.

-Nathan
Joe Pham
2009-02-28 21:22:45 UTC
Post by Nathan Hjelm
I want to know if anyone else (bitpim developer) already has one to
play with or is planning on purchasing one?
Not that I'm aware. I may get a loaner but not by this weekend, so go for it.

Be there without being there. Click now for great video conferencing solutions!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/fc/BLSrjnxPnB5wX044Y6pQCRAm5J10yB7mVLBJmYj7xWrOQxZKlneUWwoZdaI/
Nathan Hjelm
2009-03-01 21:14:48 UTC
Added. As far as file formats go the Versa is identical to the Dare.

-Nathan
Post by Joe Pham
Post by Nathan Hjelm
I want to know if anyone else (bitpim developer) already has one to
play with or is planning on purchasing one?
Not that I'm aware. I may get a loaner but not by this weekend, so go for it.
Be there without being there. Click now for great video conferencing solutions!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/fc/BLSrjnxPnB5wX044Y6pQCRAm5J10yB7mVLBJmYj7xWrOQxZKlneUWwoZdaI/
Open Source Business Conference (OSBC), March 24-25, 2009, San
Francisco, CA
-OSBC tackles the biggest issue in open source: Open Sourcing the
Enterprise
-Strategies to boost innovation and cut costs with open source
participation
-Receive a $600 discount off the registration fee with the source
code: SFAD
http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H
Nathan Hjelm
2009-03-03 04:53:47 UTC
Interesting, the Versa doesn't rewrite the ringtone index on each
boot. It appears the Versa only rebuilds the index if there is a
problem with the current index (trying to add a .m4a file triggers a
rebuild). This allows the old external ringer hack to work once more!

As an added bonus the phone can use mpeg4 ringtones that have a .mp4
extension (the .m4a doesn't work-- the audio files have to be
renamed). The Dare is also able to play mpeg4 tones so perhaps it is
time to add mpeg4 support to bitpim?

-Nathan