[BitPim-devel] Phone detect on serial ports
Stephen Wood
2005-08-27 03:02:36 UTC
What would need to be done to add phone detect for (non-USB) serial
ports. I presume that some cycling through baud rates would be
needed. Is there also some issue with the two interfaces on LG
phones?

I am working with a few Samsung phones that connect to a serial port.

Stephen
littletux
2005-08-27 18:12:36 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
What would need to be done to add phone detect for (non-USB) serial
ports. I presume that some cycling through baud rates would be
needed. Is there also some issue with the two interfaces on LG
phones?
I am working with a few Samsung phones that connect to a serial port.
Stephen
I've tried to play with serial ports detection a bit, you can add, in
comscan.py, just after
("/dev/cua", "Standard serial port", "serial"),
the line
("/dev/tts/", "Standard serial port", "serial"),
or
("/dev/ttyS", "Standard serial port", "serial"),

It helps detecting the phone on my distro, but detection is rather long,
the same AT commands are repeated again and again, for each model
detection.

Could the commands' results be cached ?

Regards,

Guillaume B.