[BitPim-devel] VX8300 phonebook access exception - OSX version
Goldengoose7
2007-01-30 23:54:06 UTC
I have been unable to get the phonebook data off the phone and onto my
computer. I am able to get all the other data from the phone without a
problem. I am using Bluetooth to transfer back and forth.

COMPUTER: MacBook Pro Core2 Duo running the latest version of Tiger. VX8300
is running the latest version V03 software.

Due to some QC issues with the handset, I have gone through a total of four
phones so far and I have tried to get the phonebook data off of each VX8300
while I have had it home and all return the same error at the exact same
place.

Thanks in advance for any input you can provide!

Here is the log from the failed session:

20:26:43.326 LG-VX8300: Retrieving fundamental phone information
20:26:43.326 LG-VX8300: Phone serial number
20:26:45.821 LG-VX8300: Now in brew mode
20:26:45.864 LG-VX8300: Reading group information
20:26:45.866 LG-VX8300: Getting file contents 'pim/pbgroup.dat'
20:26:45.947 LG-VX8300: Reading wallpaper-index
20:26:45.948 LG-VX8300: Getting file contents 'dload/image.dat'
20:26:46.269 LG-VX8300: Getting file contents 'dload/sd_image.dat'
20:26:46.482 LG-VX8300: Getting file contents 'dload/video.dat'
20:26:46.564 LG-VX8300: Getting file contents 'dload/sd_video.dat'
20:26:46.613 LG-VX8300: Reading ringtone-index
20:26:46.614 LG-VX8300: Getting file contents 'dload/myringtone.dat'
20:26:47.440 LG-VX8300: Getting file contents 'dload/mysound.dat'
20:26:47.753 LG-VX8300: Getting file contents 'dload/my_mp3.dat'
20:26:47.831 LG-VX8300: Fundamentals retrieved
20:26:47.844 LG-VX8300: Reading speed dials
20:26:47.844 LG-VX8300: Getting file contents 'pim/pbspeed.dat'
20:26:48.022 LG-VX8300: Now in brew mode
20:26:48.024 LG-VX8300: Reading number of phonebook entries
20:26:48.086 LG-VX8300: Now in phonebook mode
20:26:48.148 LG-VX8300: The phone is lying about how many entries are in the
phonebook so we are doing it the hard way
20:26:48.266 LG-VX8300: Failed to read entry 0
20:26:48.995 Exception: BitPim version: 0.9.10-official
An unexpected exception has occurred.
Please see the help for details on what to do.
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "gui.pyo", line 277, in run

File "gui.pyo", line 154, in __call__

File "gui.pyo", line 1919, in getdata

File "phones/com_lgvx4400.pyo", line 393, in getphonebook

File "phones/com_lg.pyo", line 137, in sendpbcommand

File "phones/p_lg.pyo", line 1289, in readfrombuffer

File "prototypes.pyo", line 1314, in readfrombuffer

File "prototypes.pyo", line 1562, in getnextbytes

IndexError: Trying to read 65502 bytes starting at 10 which will go beyond
end of 702 byte buffer

Variables by last 8 frames, innermost last

Frame run in gui.pyo at line 270

e = <exceptions.IndexError instance at 0x1a006e18>

res = None

self = <WorkerThread(BitPim helper, started daemon)>

item = (<gui.Request instance at 0x1a01ee90>, <gui.Callback
instance at 0x1849cd50>)

call = <gui.Request instance at 0x1a01ee90>

ex = <exceptions.IndexError instance at 0x1a006e18>

resultcb = <gui.Callback instance at 0x1849cd50>

first = 0
Frame __call__ in gui.pyo at line 154
self = <gui.Request instance at 0x1a01ee90>
args = ()
d = Keys []
{}
kwargs = Keys []
{}
Frame getdata in gui.pyo at line 1919
count = 1
i = (<bound method GetPhoneDialog.GetPhoneBookSetting of
<guiwidgets.GetPhoneDialog;
self = <WorkerThread(BitPim helper, started daemon)>
req = <guiwidgets.GetPhoneDialo

GOLDENGOOSE7 - Seattle, Wa. USA
Joe Pham
2007-01-31 00:24:49 UTC
I suggest try it with a cable if you have one. Also, can you data
recording on this and email me the DR file. I'll take a quick
look at it.

Interested in getting caught up on today's news?
Click here to checkout USA TODAY Headlines.
http://track.netzero.net/s/lc?s=198954&u=http://www.usatoday.com/news/front.htm?csp=24
Goldengoose7
2007-01-31 03:45:21 UTC
PMed you this as well.

Data Recording is returning an error when I hit record.

Don't have a cable. Would prefer it worked with BT like all the other data
transfers do.
Michael C.
2007-01-31 22:21:34 UTC
Which version of code are you using? Using an older build, 0.9.07, I
have had no issues using BlueTooth with my VX8300 on the Windows XP
platform. In fact, I use the BlueTooth on a regular basis.

I do not have access to a MAC machine, but if I can replicate the
problem over the weekend, I will look into what has changed in the code
from the version I am using and coded.

Michael C.
Goldengoose7
2007-02-01 00:20:30 UTC
Hi Michael,

I am using the latest version of BitPim for OSX - 0.9.10 The phone is
running the latest version of the LG OS since it is brand new.

I should clarify that I am not having problems with Bluetooth overall, just
when it comes to transferring the phonebook data from the phone to the Mac.
The two pair up just fine and all that.

I am also getting an exception when I hit RECORD on the data recorder
feature, and there is also no way to copy log text out of the log using the
standard COMMAND C on the keyboard. The COPY menu is also grayed out in the
EDIT section of the top menu bar. Makes it very hard to share any log data
or program recordings when all of this doesn't work. ;o)

Thanks in advance for looking into this! :o)

As I mentioned previously, ringtones have been no problem in either
direction.
Michael C.
2007-02-01 23:15:55 UTC
Goldengoose,

Thanks for the update. I am backing up my 9.07 code, before I download
the latest source code from SourceForge. I will then also download the
latest executables, and test them out. For what it is worth, I helped
with the Calendar function, and have been trying to figure out the
Phonebook section; there are known issues with it and associating
ringtones and wallpapers. But for me, it has been working without the
errors you have been having.

BTW, I would not trust 100% that you have the latest OS/Firmware on your
phone, just because it is "new". I would suggest you bring it to your
provider, and have them confirm it.

Michael
Goldengoose7
2007-02-01 23:24:01 UTC
Thanks again for the help Michael!

Verizon told me that my phone has the latest version.

Here it is off my Phone Info displayed by the phone:

SW Version:

T83VZV03