[BitPim-devel] LG 6200 support
m***@happyhammer.com
2006-02-20 15:13:01 UTC
First, is anyone working on adding support for the LG 6200?

Second, If no one is working on it, how do I start? I have the phone, a
cable and it communicates with the phone. Bitpim will only work in
filesystem mode with the phone currently and I was able to copy pictures
from the phone using filesystem.

I have extensive (although old) programming experience in C and a variety
of obscure and outdated 4GL languages and recent experience writing huge
bash scripts. Let me know if I can help

Markus
Simon C
2006-02-20 15:28:22 UTC
Goto http://www.bitpim.org/developer.html
Go through all these steps. It is possible to start developing with this
info.
After you get the source code from CVS read dev-doc/phonespec.html

An alternative is to ask is a developer will work with you on getting
support for your phone.
This will save you writing any code but you will still have to the testing.
If you want to go this route send me a backup of your phone's filesystem (to
me directly, not the mailing list).

The 6200 is probably very similar to other phones already supported by
bitpim, I expect much of the existing code can be reused.

Simon
2006-02-20 22:46:41 UTC
Simon,
I will send you a backup of my phone's filesystem. I am absolutley
swamped right now and have VERY limited experience with python. I
will be able to send you this tomorrow as I have only one windows
workstation and its not here (all the rest are linux). Any words of
wisdom with reguards to backing up the filesystem? Do I just right
click on the root of the filesystem within bitpim?

Markus
Simon C
2006-02-21 04:02:47 UTC
Yes just right click.

Some phones don't let you copy some of the files which will cause the backup
to fail, if this happens just back up each directory on its own.

The important ones are dload/download, pim, sch, sms, brew. nvm is a nice to
have if the phone lets you.

If you can add some events to the calendar and some memos this will help.

Post by Simon C
writing huge bash scripts. Let me know if I can help
Markus
log files for problems? Stop! Download the new AJAX
search engine
Post by Simon C
that makes searching your log files as easy as surfing the web.
DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=k&kid3432&bid#0486&dat1642
through log
Post by Simon C
files for problems? Stop! Download the new AJAX search
engine that
Post by Simon C
makes searching your log files as easy as surfing the web.
DOWNLOAD
Post by Simon C
SPLUNK!