[BitPim-devel] Ready for a new Build
Joe Pham
2005-10-26 01:33:30 UTC
Roger, whenever you have a chance.

Revolutionize the way you surf the Web!
Try NetZero HiSpeed 3G.
Visit http://www.netzero.com to sign up today!
Roger Binns
2005-10-26 05:43:24 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Roger, whenever you have a chance.
A build is at

http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=75211&package_id=120233

Note that the minor version number is two digits since Windows
version numbering on .dlls and .exes breaks otherwise. However
that was only needed during the 0.6 to 0.7 transition and can
be changed back to a single digit.

It is also a good time to drop the bitpim-devel package and
revert just to bitpim.

We can also move the help to the /help/ url suffix rather
than /testhelp/ - but it will need some sort of redirector.
Someone familiar with mod_rewrite (and assuming SourceForge
have it turned on) should be able to produce the rules.

Roger
John O'Shaughnessy
2005-10-26 13:49:05 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Roger, whenever you have a chance.
A build is at
http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=75211&package_id=120233
Basic functionality with an LG VX6100 and Mac OS X 10.4.2 Tiger seems
just fine with the new version.
(reading all info from phone, reviewing info, updating and writing
the calendar, specifically).

John
Simon C
2005-10-26 14:55:55 UTC
The version history shows 0.7.38, not 0.8.00.

Simon
Karl Dunnagan
2005-10-26 15:18:30 UTC
Gentleman,

Two Quick questions: Is there any way to delete information on the Today tab
and is there any quick way to delete past info recovered from a previous
phone that are still in the tabs. I use this program in Mobile Forensics and
would like to be able to start each new phone with fresh tabs.

Thanks in advance for the time.

Karl Dunnagan
Mobile Forensics Inc
760-809-8925

2005-10-26 15:49:26 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Roger, whenever you have a chance.
A build is at
http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=75211&package_id=120233
I thought that LG PM-325 support had recently been added.
I don't see the phone as an option in the settings menu and my PM-325 is
detected as other CMDA phone.
Was PM-325 support not included in this build?

-phil
Joe Pham
2005-10-27 01:45:36 UTC
Post by Simon C
The version history shows 0.7.38, not 0.8.00.
My bad, I'll fix it in the next release.

Joe Pham
2005-10-27 01:47:37 UTC
Post by Karl Dunnagan
is there any quick way to delete past info recovered from a previous
phone that are still in the tabs.
If you don't care to retain old info from old phones, the quickest way is to delete the BitPim data dir before starting BitPim.

Joe Pham
2005-10-27 01:50:09 UTC
Post by Baltz, Philip
I thought that LG PM-325 support had recently been added.
As Stephen pointed out in a previous post, the PM-325 is supported in the Debug mode only, ie run BitPim from source.

Karl Dunnagan
2005-10-27 02:01:12 UTC
Great... thanks for the assistance Joe...

Karl

2005-10-27 03:53:00 UTC
Roger, the site files are committed. I couldn't get to the proper version history page, not quite sure why.

Roger Binns
2005-10-27 15:56:30 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Roger, the site files are committed.
And uploaded.
Post by Joe Pham
I couldn't get to the proper version history page, not quite sure why.
That comes straight from the online help.

Roger
Joe Santangelo
2005-10-27 16:21:36 UTC
thanks