[Bitpim-devel] Fw: VX4600 support
Roger Binns
2004-04-21 23:24:51 UTC
[This is a resend. SourceForge is now blocking all emails with a .zip extension
so note my workaround :-]
[Stephen, there is a complete phonebook retrieval in the log which also includes
reading all the wallpaper and ringtone index files so you can see exactly what
they are like. Note that the index numbers start at zero and go up in ones.
That is because I replaced the existing contents with stuff from the test
program output. If I deleted any, the index would be FF FF and the filename
would be all nulls.]
Dale,
The log shows what happens on a VX6000. Run the analyser on the file to
get a feel for what happens. You can ignore the wallpaper and ringtone
index files.
The pbinforequest and response are where the phonebook action starts.
In particular you need to figure out which part of the response says
how many phonebook entries there are.
I already figured a bug for the VX6000 as the numentries field is
should actually be two bytes. (This means that the VX6000 has not
worked correctly for anyone with more than 255 entries!)
I will make model specific descriptions of that response packet.
You only need to decode enough of it to see where the numentries
field is and how big it is.
Roger
Dale
Roger
Dale
2004-04-22 15:05:04 UTC
How do I send an attachment? I am trying to send a gif file from the
analyser screen where the pbinforequest starts.

Roger
Dale

2004-04-22 19:00:59 UTC
Post by Dale
Roger how do I do this?
I will make model specific descriptions of that response packet.
You only need to decode enough of it to see where the numentries field
is and how big it is.
Work out how many entries are in your phonebook, look up what the maximum
amount is, and then look in that packet from your phone to see where
it says how many entries there are.

Roger
Dale
2004-04-22 19:00:02 UTC
Roger, I have looked in the inforesponse and I can see the value numentries
and it has the right amount of entries. What is the next step?

Dale

I would attach a picture of the inforesponse but the attachment doesn't come
across.

[...]
limited time only, get FREE Ground shipping on all orders of $35 or more.
Hurry up and shop folks, this offer expires April 30th!
http://www.thinkgeek.com/freeshipping/?cpg=12297
Roger Binns
2004-04-22 19:04:44 UTC
Post by Dale
Roger, I have looked in the inforesponse and I can see the value numentries
and it has the right amount of entries. What is the next step?
Nope, you got the wrong packet. The initresponse is not reliable enough.
You need to look in the inforesponse.

Please try and do more of this on your own rather than dumping many
emails and gifs to the list.

The pbinforesponse is described in p_lg.p

We will need an appropriate description for your phone. See also
the file packetdescription.txt that describes the format of that
file in more detail.

Roger
Dale
2004-04-22 20:38:06 UTC
Roger, Below is all I can find out. I have 7 entries in my phones book which
is what the pbinitresponse shows but when I goto the pbinforesponse I can't
see anything that means 7 entries. Any ideas?

<#! p_lg.pbinitrequest !#>
00000000 ff 15 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..........

12:48:03.262 LG-VX4400: lg phonebook response Data - 103 bytes
<#! p_lg.pbinitresponse !#>
00000000 ff 15 00 e0 00 00 00 00 5c 00 01 00 00 00 00 00
........\.......
00000010 00 00 07 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00000020 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 c8 00 00 00 00 00
00000030 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00000040 00 00 a1 b0 51 27 4c 47 34 36 30 30 00 00 00 00
....Q'LG4600....
00000050 00 00 00 03 43 6f 6c 6c 65 61 67 75 65 73 00 00
....Colleagues..
00000060 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 .......

12:48:03.272 LG-VX4400: Now in phonebook mode
12:48:03.272 LG-VX4400: lg phonebook request Data - 10 bytes
<#! p_lg.pbinforequest !#>
00000000 ff 11 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..........

12:48:03.302 LG-VX4400: lg phonebook response Data - 15 bytes
<#! p_lg.pbinforesponse !#>
00000000 ff 11 01 e0 03 00 00 00 04 00 10 f4 2e 3b 00 .............;.

12:48:03.322 Exception: An unexpected exception has occurred.
Please see the help for details on what to do.

Roger Binns
2004-04-22 20:49:21 UTC
Post by Dale
Roger, Below is all I can find out. I have 7 entries in my phones book which
is what the pbinitresponse shows but when I goto the pbinforesponse I can't
see anything that means 7 entries. Any ideas?
How are entries stored? Can each entry have multiple phone numbers,
or do you make a new entry per phone number? What are the maximum number
of entries you can have?
Post by Dale
12:48:03.302 LG-VX4400: lg phonebook response Data - 15 bytes
<#! p_lg.pbinforesponse !#>
00000000 ff 11 01 e0 03 00 00 00 04 00 10 f4 2e 3b 00 .............;.
I don't see a 7 in there either. The last 4 numbers are
probably a time stamp or ESN or something.

I'll see if I can rewrite the code to use the pbinitresponse
instead of the pbinforesponse. That won't happen until
after this weekend's build.

Roger
Dale
2004-04-22 20:58:02 UTC
The edit entry screen shows:
Name
Phone#
Phone#
Phone#
Phone#
Phone#
Email
Group
Sound (ringtone)
Memo
Not Secret
URL

Roger Binns
2004-04-22 21:01:39 UTC
Post by Dale
Name
Phone#
Phone#
Phone#
Phone#
Phone#
Email
Group
Sound (ringtone)
Memo
Not Secret
URL
That is pretty much identical to the VX4400 and VX6000 then.

2004-04-22 21:16:40 UTC
Post by Dale
Name
Phone#
Phone#
Phone#
Phone#
Phone#
Email
Group
Sound (ringtone)
Memo
Not Secret
URL
Can you find out where you wallpapers and ringtones are stored, as
well as the index files.

This is it for the VX4400:

imagelocations=(
# offset, index file, files location, type, maximumentries
( 10, "dloadindex/brewImageIndex.map", "brew/shared", "images", 30),
)

ringtonelocations=(
# offset, index file, files location, type, maximumentries
( 50, "dloadindex/brewRingerIndex.map", "user/sound/ringer", "ringers", 30),
)

This is it for the VX6000:

imagelocations=(
# offset, index file, files location, type, maximumentries
( 10, "download/dloadindex/brewImageIndex.map", "brew/shared", "images", 30) ,
( 0xc8, "download/dloadindex/mmsImageIndex.map", "brew/shared/mms", "mms", 20),
( 0xdc, "download/dloadindex/mmsDrmImageIndex.map", "brew/shared/mms/d", "drm", 20),
( 0x82, None, None, "camera", 20) # nb camera must be last
)

ringtonelocations=(
# offset, index file, files location, type, maximumentries
( 50, "download/dloadindex/brewRingerIndex.map", "user/sound/ringer", "ringers", 30),
( 150, "download/dloadindex/mmsRingerIndex.map", "mms/sound", "mms", 20),
( 180, "download/dloadindex/mmsDrmRingerIndex.map", "mms/sound/drm", "drm", 20)
)

This is for the VX4500, although I assume it is incomplete. (Doesn't the VX4500
have mms?):

imagelocations=(
# offset, index file, files location, type, maximumentries
( 10, "download/dloadindex/brewImageIndex.map", "brew/shared", "images", 30) ,
)

ringtonelocations=(
# offset, index file, files location, type, maximumentries
( 50, "download/dloadindex/brewRingerIndex.map", "user/sound/ringer", "ringers", 30),
)

The offset is the number added to store that item in a phonebook entry.
For the VX4400 for example, the images offset is 10. That means that if
you have a file in the image index with a value of 13, then the phone
stores it as (23) 10 + 13.

You also need to find out the wallpaper preferred format (most likely
BMP) and the wallpaper size (probably something like 120x131).

Roger
Dale
2004-04-22 21:30:28 UTC
I can add wallpapers with bitpim through the filesystem and I placed them in
the following directory:
Usr/wallpaper
Usr/ringtone

As per this guide: http://members.shaw.ca/lg5450/guide.html which is the
next model up from my phone the 4600 but everything seems to work when
following this guide.

There is a brew/shared directory but nothing is in there.

I am able to use jpg images but the format is to have a .desc file and
rename the image file to body. The default size of the images are 120X131

Roger Binns
2004-04-22 21:41:52 UTC
Post by Dale
As per this guide: http://members.shaw.ca/lg5450/guide.html which is the
next model up from my phone the 4600 but everything seems to work when
following this guide.
Ok. That is a bit of work. Do some of the tutorials on the Python
site. Hopefully I will have time next week to try and write some of
the code, but you will need to debug and fix it.

Roger
Dale
2004-04-22 21:46:43 UTC
Is there anything else you need from me right now, or should I just wait
until next week until you have done some of the coding?

Roger Binns
2004-04-22 22:08:03 UTC
Post by Dale
Is there anything else you need from me right now, or should I just wait
until next week until you have done some of the coding?
Learn Python coding. Read the existing code. You should be comfortable
reading stuff in the analyser.

Ideally write the code yourself :-)

Roger
Dale
2004-04-23 18:30:28 UTC
Here are the default images and ringtones for the 4600.

builtinimages=('Butterfly', 'Flowers', 'Bird', 'Puppy','Fall', 'Castle',
'Puppy2', 'Sky', 'Teddy','Desert')

builtinringtones=( 'Ring 1', 'Ring 2', 'Ring 3', 'Ring 4', 'Ring 5',
'Ring 6','Ring 7','Ring 8','Ring 9','Ring 10',
'Annen Polka','Beethoven Symphony No. 9','Pachelbel
Canon','Hallelujah',
'La Traviata','Leichte Kavallerie Overture','Mozart
Symphony No. 40',
'Bach Minuet','Farewell','Mozart Piano
Sonata','String','Trout',
'O solemio','Pizzcato Polka','Stars and Stripes
Forever','Pineapple Rag',
'When the Saints Go Marching In','Latin','Carol 1','Carol
2')

Roger Binns
2004-04-29 06:21:11 UTC
I have changed the code to use the pbinit packets instead
of the pbinfo ones. Tests on the VX4400 and the VX6000
indicate that all goes well.

It also fixes the problem of the pbinfo only reading the
first byte of the number of bytes stuff.

Just waiting till after the Mac build then I will commit
my work.

2004-04-29 06:21:50 UTC
Post by Dale
As per this guide: http://members.shaw.ca/lg5450/guide.html which is
the next model up from my phone the 4600 but everything seems to work
when following this guide.
Can you please send me a zip of the relevant directories and desc files?

Roger
Dale
2004-04-23 18:40:44 UTC
How do you find out what the phonebook commands are? Are the following
commands good on the LG4600? How would I know?

# Some notes
#
# phonebook command numbers
#
# 0x15 get phone info (returns stuff about vx400 connector)
# 0x00 start sync (phones display changes)
# 0x11 select phonebook (goes back to first entry, returns how many left)
# 0x12 advance one entry
# 0x13 get current entry
# 0x07 quit (phone will restart)
# 0x06 ? parameters maybe
# 0x05 delete entry
# 0x04 write entry (advances to next entry)
# 0x03 append entry (advances to next entry)

Roger Binns
2004-04-23 19:53:57 UTC
Post by Dale
How do you find out what the phonebook commands are? Are the following
commands good on the LG4600? How would I know?
They are the standard commands for the LG phones, but the contents
differ between models (which is the problem you are hitting). You
can edit the code to not send the problem packet and hard code
the number of entries for testing purposes.

You can see the old tm520 code in the attic:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/bitpim/bitpim/Attic/

Roger
Dale
2004-04-23 19:46:58 UTC
I would be interested in looking at the code for the TM520. Can someone send
me the files?

Dale
2004-04-23 22:05:26 UTC
How can I incorporate the TM520 code back into the development version, I
have added the three files but it doesn't show up under the setting drop
down.

Roger Binns
2004-04-26 06:06:00 UTC
Post by Dale
How can I incorporate the TM520 code back into the development version, I
have added the three files but it doesn't show up under the setting drop
down.
Look in guiwidgets.

You may also want to read web/phonespec.html which describes how to add
a new phone.

Roger
Dale
2004-04-30 15:05:52 UTC
The location of the ringers is:
/usr/Ringtone/(name of folder) example /usr/Ringtone/Galaga

The Location of the wallpapers is:
/usr/Wallpaper(name of folder) example /usr/Wallpaper/Golf2

I have attached a picture, ringtone and a picture of the directory structure

the next model up from my phone the 4600 but everything seems to
work when following this guide.
Can you please send me a zip of the relevant directories and desc files?

thing ever to hit the market... Oracle 10g.
2004-05-01 05:07:08 UTC
Post by Dale
/usr/Ringtone/(name of folder) example /usr/Ringtone/Galaga
/usr/Wallpaper(name of folder) example /usr/Wallpaper/Golf2
Can you please send me a single zip containing several wallpapers
and ringtones? Makes it a lot easier to test and work with.

2004-05-01 05:35:28 UTC
Can you please send me a single zip containing several wallpapers
and ringtones? Makes it a lot easier to test and work with.
Also please include a variety of different types. I also need
information on the longest filename lengths allowed as well as
the correct image size. Also, what are the correct mime-types?
The golf2 file says image/jpg, but the correct type for jpeg
is actually image/jpeg.

It also crashed the phone (VX6000) when I created the usr/Ringtone/Galaga
directory on it. The phone refused to respond, and then I rebooted
it. Somehow it had mapped the diag port elsewhere. I had to
read the contents of a different directory before I could read the
contents of the root directory. The code in these phones must just
barely be functional.

2004-05-01 08:09:33 UTC
I have committed code that works for me when testing on the VX6000
(the phone just ignores it - I am using the directory structure).
When reading from the phone, BitPim automatically adds an extension
to the directory name to name the resulting file. When writing
back again, the extension is stripped to come up with the directory
name and the mime-type deduced from the extension. This basically
means you can just use ordinary files with BitPim and the right
thing happens.

You need to do the following:

- Test and verify things work for you. I tested adding,
replacing and reading

- Get a full complete listing of what the phone expects for
mime-types. Some of these are not standard. This is what
I use so far:

__mimetoextensionmapping={
'image/jpg': '.jpg',
'image/bmp': '.bmp',
'image/png': '.png',
'image/gif': '.gif',
'image/bci': '.bci',
'audio/mp3': '.mp3',
'audio/mid': '.mid',
'audio/qcp': '.qcp'
}

- Is there a maximum number of wallpapers or ringtones that can
be made? [The code currently sets a limit of 30 which is the
same as other LG phones, but they have a fixed sized index file]

- In conjunction with the next bit, work out what number is added
to a wallpaper or ringtone index to store it in the phonebook.
For example, the builtin image 'Butterfly' will be stored as
zero. If you have added a wallpaper with index value of 3, what
is it stored as in the phonebook. On other LG phones, they add
50, so it would be stored as 53.

- Start working on the phonebook. Add an entry where you fill out
each field to the maximum possible length. Read the phonebook
with protocol logging turned on. Find that entry in the
protocol log, highlight the whole packet and press Ctrl-Alt-P.
Check the decoding of the fields. The description is in pbentry
in p_lgvx4600.p. That is what will need to be changed to get
things right. When you get to this stage tell me and I will
give more detailed instructions.

Alan Gonzalez
2004-04-30 21:57:00 UTC
I've got the code for a prior version. I'll send them to you directly.

Alan
2004-05-01 01:13:05 UTC
Post by Alan Gonzalez
I've got the code for a prior version. I'll send them to you directly.
The problem with the TM520 code was that it wasn't completed/kept up
to date, and it wasn't relicensed when we moved to the GPL. The
copyright on the code is jointly mine, yours and Scott Craig. I
have Scott's permission to "do anything I want". If you agree to
your bits going under the GPL, then I can put the code back in the
tree. I won't list it as supported or allow it to be selected
until someone actually brings the code up to date.

Roger
Alan Gonzalez
2004-05-02 00:02:38 UTC
I don't have a problem with the code going under the GPL. I thought the
problem was it wasn't actively supported. I'm all for the GPL, so putting it
bcak in the tree would be great.

Alan
Chris Poon
2004-05-03 17:03:00 UTC
I believe if you have the latest files I have sent about a month ago, that
would be the latest updates where practically everything should work - the
only thing that doesn't was re-assigning the speed dial, as I couldn't get
the phone to change that without deleting and re-creating the entry.
Roger Binns
2004-05-03 17:45:51 UTC
Post by Chris Poon
I believe if you have the latest files I have sent about a month ago, that
would be the latest updates where practically everything should work - the
only thing that doesn't was re-assigning the speed dial, as I couldn't get
the phone to change that without deleting and re-creating the entry.
Can you email me the files you want re-instated?

Roger
Dale
2004-05-06 14:06:19 UTC
Sorry for the delayed response. I am able to load up the program but as soon
as I select get phone data it gives me an exception. I cant even check off
what I want ( like phone book, wallpapers, ringtones, calendar). What would
you like me to try.

Dale

Post by Roger Binns
[...]
strategies Cisco, Motorola, Ericsson & Lucent use to deliver higher
performing products faster, at low TCO.
Dale
2004-05-06 14:17:13 UTC
Disregard last post, I am able to get the wallpapers, ringtones off the
phone, there seems to be a problem with sending a new picture back to the
phone, it sends back correctly but when I go to wallpapers and selected it
the hours glass shows up and doesn't go away. I will look into this. As for
the phone book it still doesn't work. Do you want me to send the protocal
log?

Dale
2004-05-06 14:42:43 UTC
I did some digging around with the wallpapers and the only ones I can get to
display on the phone properly are jpg, png. Also in the .desc on the first
line column 8 is where the index is stored for the picture. I have attached
a picture of the .desc file in hex and where the index is being stored. You
will notice it says six meaning this is my sixth picture.
Roger Binns
2004-05-06 23:54:31 UTC
Post by Dale
I did some digging around with the wallpapers and the only ones I can get to
display on the phone properly are jpg, png.
Are you sure bmp doesn't work?
Post by Dale
Also in the .desc on the first
line column 8 is where the index is stored for the picture. I have attached
a picture of the .desc file in hex and where the index is being stored. You
will notice it says six meaning this is my sixth picture.
Actually it means the image has an index of six. To my knowledge the
existing ones are not changed if you delete #3. I don't understand the
relevance of this paragraph. The code is correctly setting the index.

There were a long list of other questions in my email.

If you have some time tomorrow, can we do BitFling? You will need to be
able to allow incoming connections on port 12652 and have a Yahoo
Messenger account.

Roger
Dale
2004-05-07 14:30:49 UTC
I don't think that will happen, I am at work and they have a strict policy
on that also I don't have a yahoo messenger account.

2004-05-07 15:01:26 UTC
Post by Dale
I don't think that will happen, I am at work and they have a strict policy
on that also I don't have a yahoo messenger account.
I would expect it to happen when you are at home, not at
work.

Anyway, I do need the information requested to make any further progress.

Roger
Dale
2004-05-12 14:43:18 UTC
Hi Roger, I just want to confirm what the information that you are looking
for:

How do I find out which types are available? Just by trying the different
extensions out?
Here is a site that uses bitpim to add custom wallpapers and ringtones
manually. http://24.83.225.6/html/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1

2004-05-12 15:48:09 UTC
Post by Dale
How do I find out which types are available? Just by trying the different
extensions out?
BY scoouring the web and by trying them.
Post by Dale
Here is a site that uses bitpim to add custom wallpapers and ringtones
manually. http://24.83.225.6/html/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1
That is pretty much what I worked from and what BitPim now does,
but I still need all the other information. You may want to
join those forums and ask other people there to help.

The other part of my message that you quoted is the remaining information
I need.

Roger
Dale
2004-05-12 16:51:12 UTC
Hi Roger, I started looking into the phone book stuff. I did what you said
and looking at the protocal logging I get an error after reading the first
entry in the phone book.The error is 'pbentry' object has no attribute
'_pbentry__field_serial2'

2004-05-12 17:42:12 UTC
Post by Dale
Hi Roger, I started looking into the phone book stuff. I did what you said
and looking at the protocal logging I get an error after reading the first
entry in the phone book.The error is 'pbentry' object has no attribute
'_pbentry__field_serial2'
Please post the protocol log here. Make sure it is an attachment to
the email message, not part of the body.

Roger
Dale
2004-05-12 18:23:12 UTC
What is the best way to get the protocal log as an attachment, just
highlight it and save it to text? Or is there something inside the protocal
log that can save the log file.

2004-05-12 18:35:38 UTC
Post by Dale
What is the best way to get the protocal log as an attachment, just
highlight it and save it to text? Or is there something inside the protocal
log that can save the log file.
You have to copy and paste it into notepad or something similar.

Roger
Dale
2004-05-12 18:41:34 UTC
Here is the file, I hope this works

2004-05-12 19:34:49 UTC
Post by Dale
Here is the file, I hope this works
Yes. They have frigged with the email addresses. How many can you have?

Also please create as many email addresses as possible for that first
entry, and make each one as long as possible. Post the protocol log
again (you will still get the exception - ignore it). I actually only
need the very last packet - the one containing
<#! p_lgvx4500.pbreadentryresponse !#>

Roger
Dale
2004-05-12 19:40:53 UTC
Ok will do, I can only have one email address.

Dale
2004-05-12 19:46:28 UTC
Here is the new log file. Here is the order the show on the screen , 5
phones number, 1 email, group,sound,memo field,wallpaper,not secret,url
Roger Binns
2004-05-13 00:21:46 UTC
Post by Dale
Here is the new log file. Here is the order the show on the screen , 5
phones number, 1 email, group,sound,memo field,wallpaper,not secret,url
I have committed code that decodes your example entry, but you are going
to have to do some more experimentation. Basically look in the protocol
log, change one thing, and see if it decodes the change correctly.

You should also make sure that various fields are the maximum length
possible.

Do not try and write back to your phonebook yet (I would expect
exceptions anyway).

Incidentally, are you in Canada? I think the way your phone is
behaving is what models with Java (J2ME) do. If that is the
case then the VX4600 you have and the one Verizon has in the
US will be different.

Roger
Dale
2004-05-17 14:15:43 UTC
That is correct, I am Canada.

Here is the new log file. Here is the order the show on the screen , 5
phones number, 1 email, group,sound,memo field,wallpaper,not
secret,url
I have committed code that decodes your example entry, but you are going to
have to do some more experimentation. Basically look in the protocol log,
change one thing, and see if it decodes the change correctly.

You should also make sure that various fields are the maximum length
possible.

Do not try and write back to your phonebook yet (I would expect exceptions
anyway).

Incidentally, are you in Canada? I think the way your phone is behaving is
what models with Java (J2ME) do. If that is the case then the VX4600 you
have and the one Verizon has in the US will be different.

SourceForge Broadband and get the fastest
Dale
2004-05-17 15:52:56 UTC
Hey Roger, here is the lastest error I am getting

AttributeError: 'pbentry' object has no attribute 'msgringtone'

Can I just comment this out from the code or is that a standard attribute
that the phone should have and I just need to update the length?
Roger Binns
2004-05-18 06:23:37 UTC
Post by Dale
Hey Roger, here is the lastest error I am getting
AttributeError: 'pbentry' object has no attribute 'msgringtone'
Can I just comment this out from the code or is that a standard attribute
that the phone should have and I just need to update the length?
I have committed a fix. It is because the generic LG code expects every
entry to have a msgringtone and your phone doesn't.

BTW who is your carrier? I will change the UI in BitPim so it
lists the phone as being with that carrier as I believe the
Verizon (or other carrier) 4600 will be different.

Roger
Dale
2004-05-18 14:19:15 UTC
The carrier is Telus Mobility. I will try the fix.

Dale
2004-05-18 14:25:05 UTC
Roger that fix works, I was finally able to import the contact from the
phone. Should I be able to send back to the phone or is there something that
still needs to be done?

2004-05-18 15:44:37 UTC
Post by Dale
Roger that fix works, I was finally able to import the contact from the
phone. Should I be able to send back to the phone or is there something that
still needs to be done?
You won't be able to send back until more code is written. I'll try to do
it over the next few days.

Roger
Dale
2004-08-27 15:04:02 UTC
Hey Roger, found one of the old emails requesting information and here is
what I found out.

Entry name: 22 characters
Number:35
Email:72
Memo:47
Www:72

Hope this helps

Roger Binns
2004-08-27 22:40:29 UTC
Post by Dale
Hey Roger, found one of the old emails requesting information and
here is what I found out.
Entry name: 22 characters
Number:35
Email:72
Memo:47
Www:72
Hope this helps
You need to use the protocol view and verify the field decoding
in there. Those sizes you gave are how many characters.
However there is usually space for a trailing null as well.

I do see some differences from what you give and what is
in the code. Please use the protocol log first and
see if that is getting things wrong.

2004-08-30 20:06:56 UTC
Dale,

What is the first speeddial that a user can set. For example on the VX4400
it is 1. On the VX6000 it is 2 (1 is reserved for voice mail).