[BitPim-devel] SourceForge still broken for builds
Roger Binns
2006-11-08 03:40:14 UTC
SourceForge is still giving errors when trying to make the release tag:

C:\projects\bitpim>scripts\makerelease.py 0.9.09
svn mkdir -m "making a release from rev 3643 of /trunk/bitpim"
https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/bitpim/releases/0.9.09
svn: MERGE request failed on '/svnroot/bitpim/releases'
svn: MERGE of '/svnroot/bitpim/releases': 500 Internal Server Error
(https://svn.sourceforge.net)
Returned code 1 ! Aborting!

This particular operation is actually succeeding though. I have updated
to the latest SVN command line client just in case it was that. Any
suggestions on how to proceed?

2006-11-10 00:46:04 UTC
SourceForge is still giving errors when trying to make the release
I made some changes to the makerelease.py script, which seems to work
ok. Please give it a try.

PrivatePhone - FREE telephone number & voicemail.
A number so private, you can make it public.
http://www.privatephone.com
Roger Binns
2006-11-10 01:09:09 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Post by Roger Binns
SourceForge is still giving errors when trying to make the release
I made some changes to the makerelease.py script, which seems to work
ok. Please give it a try.
Does it also copy the externals (buildrelease amongst other directories)?

The original mechanism is also used for making the developer branches.

2006-11-10 01:48:03 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Post by Roger Binns
SourceForge is still giving errors when trying to make the release
I made some changes to the makerelease.py script, which seems to work
ok. Please give it a try.
Does it also copy the externals (buildrelease amongst other directories)?
The original mechanism is also used for making the developer branches.
I filed a bug report at SourceForge:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1593845&group_id=1&atid=200001

There have been other users reporting similar issues for about a month.
SF is moving to changing the URL used (eg from svn.sf.net to
bitpim.svn.sf.net). It looks like a problem in their SSL offload, load
balancers and proxies.
Joe Pham
2006-11-10 01:54:16 UTC
Does it also copy the externals (buildrelease amongst other
directories)?
It does. As a test, I makerelease 0.9.08 from trunk, checkout 0.9.08
and did a windows build.
Post by Roger Binns
The original mechanism is also used for making the developer
branches.
I haven't tried, though I suspect it would also work. But that
doesn't address why SF svn server crapped out though!