[BitPim-devel] Moto V3Cm, E815m auto detection?
Mark_Venture
2007-04-06 03:53:35 UTC
I am curious... I know Bitpim currently supports the Moto V3Cm and E815m
but wont autodetect them...

Looking at the code it appears BitPim uses AT +GMM and maybe AT +GMI to
detect the phone.

Motorola Phone Tools uses the following commands to detect the phones...

AT +Mode=2
AT +cgmm
AT +Mode=0
capture from my Alltel Flashed V3C... issuing those commands in Hyperterm

at +mode=2
OK

+MBAN: Copyright 2000-2004 Motorola, Inc.
at +cgmm
+CGMM: "CDMA800","CDMA1900","MODEL=V3Cm"

OK
at +mode=0
OK

And from my E815.... (Verizon firmware, but I edited *Seem* *2827*, *Record*
*1 *, *Bytes* (h) *22*, Offset *0008* to change from E815 to E815m)

at +mode=2
OK

+MBAN: Copyright 2000-2004 Motorola, Inc.
at +cgmm
+CGMM: "CDMA800","CDMA1900","MODEL=E815m"

OK
at +mode=0
OK

2007-04-06 15:46:58 UTC
Could something be added to BitPim so that when the V3C or E815 is
detected it further does the AT +Mode=2, then AT +CGMM to determine
if its the "M" model phone therefore allowing autodetection of them
in BitPim?
Yes, if you, or any other Moto user, is willing to help with the
testing since I don't have access to any of those phones. Just
curious, what does +GMM show? I remember the V710 worked fine once
upon a time.

Interested in getting caught up on today's news?
Click here to checkout USA TODAY Headlines.
http://track.netzero.net/s/lc?s=198954&u=http://www.usatoday.com/news/front.htm?csp=24
Mark_Venture
2007-04-11 13:23:16 UTC
2007-04-12 12:44:58 UTC
2007-04-12 06:02:15 UTC
Post by Mark_Venture
Done on my Verizon V710 with 1.40.0R firmware...
OK
at+gmm
+GMM: Motorola CDMA v710 Phone
OK
at +gmi
+GMI: Motorola CE, Copyright 2000
You need to put it in mode 2.
Post by Mark_Venture
I'm happy to test functionality.
I usually put out an announcement once I have a test load ready. You
can just download, test, and post the result of your testing.

Joe Pham
2007-04-12 17:43:26 UTC
BitPim 9.13 auto detect does work on the V710/V710M... just not on
the E815m, V3Cm.
Thanks for the info. BitPim should be able to detect the E815m and
the V3Cm (is that 'm' or 'M'). Will let you know when I have a test
load available.
With a Verizon V3M phone which has been seem edited to enable the
MultiMedia features (seem 2742/offset 6a/bit0), I can configure
BitPim as a V3CM make use of the GUI for adding pictures/ring tones,
plus the phone book
If they're close enough, I can add V3M/V3Mm support to BitPim.
but from what I understand, the the moto support in BitPim doesn't
work with the K1M/K1MM phones (when manually configuring the phone
selection)
That probably means that it'd take a tad more work (and access to the
phone) to add support to BitPim.

Christopher Matuszak
2007-04-13 02:44:43 UTC
The V3m is working with autodetect for me with NO extra seem edits...the
only seem edit I did was to enable OBEX transfers.....
I copied out the V3c and V710 phones and replaces a few variable strings
like model and what not...

These are specific lines I changed.......

******
# BitPim modules
Import com_motov710
Import p_motov3c
Import helpids
Import call_history

Parentphone=com_motov710.Phone
Class Phone(parentphone):
Desc='Motorola CDMA V3m Phone'
Helpid=helpids.ID_PHONE_MOTOV3C
Serialsname='Motorola CDMA V3m phone'
Protocolclass=p_motov3m

Def __init__(self, logtarget, commport):
Parentphone.__init__(self, logtarget, commport)

Def _detectphone(coms, likely_ports, res, _module, _log):
Pass
Detectphone=staticmethod(_detectphone)

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
Parentprofile=com_motov710.Profile
Class Profile(parentprofile):
Serialsname=Phone.serialsname
Phone_model='Motorola CDMA V3m Phone'
_supportedsyncs=(
('phonebook', 'read', None), # all phonebook reading
('phonebook', 'write', 'OVERWRITE'), # only overwriting phonebook
('calendar', 'read', None), # all calendar reading
('calendar', 'write', 'OVERWRITE'), # only overwriting calendar
('ringtone', 'read', None), # all ringtone reading
('ringtone', 'write', 'OVERWRITE'),
('wallpaper', 'read', None), # all wallpaper reading
('wallpaper', 'write', 'OVERWRITE'),
('memo', 'read', None), # all memo list reading DJP
('memo', 'write', 'OVERWRITE'), # all memo list writing DJP
('sms', 'read', None), # all SMS list reading DJP
('call_history', 'read', None),
)
******

Of course I created all the additional info in the helpids...and whatnot....
The p_motov3m is exactly the same as the v3c version but I am slowly
modifying it to fit my needs

I have call_history almost working aside from a few minor bugs...
Same with the Memos.....I find the Notepad files as fairly easy to import
into bitpim but the exporting is giving me a little bit of trouble.....

I am currently working on adding more functionality like full calendar
support and other features....SMS retrieveal works fine ... Ringtones I
think we can do more with...

Also I am currently working on enabling the Multimedia portion of Bitpim with this phone....reading the MicroSD card is actually fairly easy....
Boz1
Mark_Venture
2007-04-13 11:27:45 UTC
From: "Joe Pham" <***@netzero.com>
To: bitpim-***@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 17:43:26 GMT
Subject: Re: [BitPim-devel] Fwd: Moto V3Cm, E815m auto detection?

Btw, you had asked about runing in Mode=2 I didn't run on the V710 yet, but
here is from an Alltel V3C with 4.06 firmware...
at+gmi
+GMI: Motorola CE, Copyright 2000
OK
at+gmm
+GMM: Motorola CDMA V3c Phone
OK
at+mode=2
OK
+MBAN: Copyright 2000-2004 Motorola, Inc.
at+cgmi
+CGMI: "Motorola CE, Copyright 2000"
OK
at+cgmm
+CGMM: "CDMA800","CDMA1900","MODEL=V3Cm"
OK
at+mcma?
ERROR
at+mode=0
OK

When using the Detect phone option in BitPim 9.13, it comes back with a pop
up saying "Found V3C's V3C on COM3, and of course, the add column is grayed
out when I click the Send Data button.
Post by Joe Pham
Thanks for the info. BitPim should be able to detect the E815m and
the V3Cm (is that 'm' or 'M'). Will let you know when I have a test
load available.
Cool, Thank you! I'll be happy to test it. And I've seen the "M" as both
lower and upper case.
Post by Joe Pham
but from what I understand, the the moto support in BitPim doesn't
work with the K1M/K1MM phones (when manually configuring the phone
selection)
That probably means that it'd take a tad more work (and access to the
phone) to add support to BitPim.
and that is a phone I don't have, nor do I plan on getting... I'm only
assuming it doesn't work based on a few threads (most of them LONG) in the
Verizon section on HoFo asking about BitPim on the K1M.