[BitPim-devel] Please test filesystem view
Stephen Wood
2008-06-02 00:20:37 UTC
I have made a change to Filesystem packet definitions for
p_brew.listfileresponse and p_brew.listdirectoryresponse so that the
filesystem can be viewed on the SPHA-900 (Sprint). This hopefully
will not break the filesystem view for all the other phones, but I
have only been able to test it on one other phone. (SCP-8100).

I would appreciate it if people with the developers copy of BitPim
would do a Subversion update and test the filesystem view with their
phones. If the filesystem view doesn't work on a phone for which it
previous worked, let me know, and I will back the change out before it
gets into a release.

Stephen
Kyle Farnung
2008-06-02 01:42:16 UTC
With my VX-9900 on Windows XP SP3 over Bluetooth the filesystem view
does not function properly. Reverting the to the SVN revision before
causes the filesystem view to function properly again.

[Log]
18:35:34.046 LG-VX9900: Listing subdirs in dir: ''
18:35:34.046 LG-VX9900: X recurse=0
18:35:37.062 COM5: Timed out - flushing and trying again
18:35:40.078 COM5: Timed out waiting for 7e, requested bytes 1 - 0 bytes read
18:35:40.078 Failed to read filesystem
18:35:40.078 LG-VX9900: Listing files in dir: ''
18:35:48.078 COM5: Changed port speed to 38400
18:35:52.578 COM5: Changed port speed to 115200
18:36:01.078 LG-VX9900: No response to AT+GMM
18:36:05.078 Failed to read filesystem
18:36:40.578 LG-VX9900: Getting file system in dir ''
18:36:40.578 LG-VX9900: Listing subdirs in dir: ''
18:36:40.578 LG-VX9900: X recurse=0
18:36:48.578 COM5: Changed port speed to 38400
18:36:53.092 COM5: Changed port speed to 115200
18:37:01.592 LG-VX9900: No response to AT+GMM
18:37:05.592 Failed to read dir:
[/Log]
Stephen Wood
2008-06-02 02:51:15 UTC
Could you send me the packet log of trying to read the filesystem
using the latest version

Thanks, Stephen
Kyle Farnung
2008-06-02 03:26:13 UTC
I'm looking into this further. It seems that it stops working when
I've already read the phonebook and/or calendar (haven't figured out
which). I'm doing some more testing to try and figure out whether
this problem might have existed in previous revisions.
Stephen Wood
2008-06-02 15:00:33 UTC
This is just a wild shot, (I know nothing about the VX-9900) but it
may be that after phonebook and calendar operations, the phone gets
rebooted. When the phone comes back up, the operating system might
assign a different COM port to the phone. If you have manually chosen
the port (or used detect-phone to find the port), then you may not be
talking to the phone at all. If you think this is the case, then
redetect before doing the filesystem view, or use "auto" for the port
name. If the port is changing, this is something that may be
addressible in BitPim.

If you do whatever you need to do to get the phone and BitPim in a
proper state, can you get the filesystem view to work with the changes
to p_brew.p that I made?

Stephen
Kyle Farnung
2008-06-08 17:33:09 UTC
It doesn't appear to be caused by reboot (the phone only reboots when
writing the address book, I think) and it seems to be working fine
most of the time for me. The problem before was probably the phone
getting stuck in one mode or another and bitpim not issuing the
command to switch.

-Kyle