[BitPim-devel] brew protocol info
Shlomi Shamir
2005-10-03 17:20:33 UTC
Hi all,

I develop some PC call-control apps for cell phones.
Most of the work is done with AT commands, but in order to support most CDMA
phones, I started looking into the brew protocol.
after spending many hours looking for info and answers to my questions, it
became clear that the best online source to this topic is the fabolous
BitPim community.
I have a couple of question that I just couldn't find answers to anywhere,
and I hope you can enlighten me with answers.
Needless to say, I would love to contribute my solutions to BitPim, to
provide new call-control features (once I have them).

1) Does the brew protocol enable call-related commands/queries?
the actions that interest me the most are: dial, receive/query call status,
send DTMF, hangup.
the only call-related action that BitPim performs today is reading calls
log, and only for a small number of phones...
2) If it doesn't, is there another way to control calls?
3) Where does all the knowledge about the brew protocol come from?
I couldn't find any specifications or info about it anywhere else. Are there
any?

Tx in advance
Stephen Wood

Tx in advance